Cancel by seller

jimb8182
Community Member

Bought an item last night, paid through Paypal. The sender has emailed me it’s out of stock, proceed to cancel order. I’m thinking I only need to cancel on the Paypal to ensure no funds taken, and it’s academic whether eBay knows or not, otherwise I can’t find a cancel on the eBay site

Jim 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cancel by seller

There is nothing that you need to do at your end.  The seller needs to cancel the order through eBay using the out of stock reason.  When they do that the refund will be processed and go back to your original funding source.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Cancel by seller

There is nothing that you need to do at your end.  The seller needs to cancel the order through eBay using the out of stock reason.  When they do that the refund will be processed and go back to your original funding source.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Cancel by seller

I have noticed a rash of cancellation by sellers when their auctioned items sell too cheap, often even cents below what they are trying to sell it for in other buy now listings.

I would appeal these cancellations and leave negative feedback if sellers are blaming you for the cancellation when you did not or giving other obviously false explanations.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Cancel by seller

@jimb8182 wrote:

Bought an item last night, paid through Paypal. The sender has emailed me it’s out of stock, proceed to cancel order. I’m thinking I only need to cancel on the Paypal to ensure no funds taken, and it’s academic whether eBay knows or not, otherwise I can’t find a cancel on the eBay site

Jim 

This could also be happening NOW for a secondary reason. Sellers listing on several platforms. Personally i think that is a taking a major chance. Too easy for problems if one doesn't cancel the additional listings promptly.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Cancel by seller

@bobsjunkbox 

Its's an all too common practice and has been since 1995.

The best way to combat it is to ignore the paltry 15% or less of listings that are Auctions and buy from sellers using Fixed Price.

Those sellers know what they want to get for their products.

A few, if you like to haggle, have enabled Best Offer, which might get you a slightly lower price.

EVen the few sellers who do still use Auctions often have a Buy It Now price or allow Best Offers. With BO on an Auctions, the offer is expected to be higher than the current high bid.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Cancel by seller

Thread is from 2020.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply