Credit card payment

jpe613
Community Member

Hi there, I sold an item the other day and the buyer paid by credit card. I just looked into my PayPal and it does not show any funds coming from this person and I did not get the typical email separate from the sales email to advise me the payment was sent. The buyer has sent me screenshots of their payment on PayPal. 

I’ve never had this happen before and wasn’t sure if there’s a hold but it does not say pending. I tried to get in touch with eBay but of course it says they are too busy to take any calls or get in touch with me.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Credit card payment

PayPal is the eBay credit card payment processor for buyers who do not have a PayPal account or who do not want to use it. Since the buyer proved to you they paid it is most likely a valid payment but only if eBay tells you they paid and to ship the item. But only if you see it in eBay sold and eBay messages. Not an email which can be faked. This is why you do not see the payment in your PayPal.

For sellers enrolled in eBay managed payments, eBay processes all payments. But not in you case since you are not in eBay Managed Payments.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Credit card payment

It appears you are on the Managed Payments system, am I correct? If that is true, perhaps check your bank account and not PayPal.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Credit card payment

Have you recently enrolled in Managed Payments?
I notice on your Shipping Page, there is a mention of GoogePay which is not available as a method of payment to sellers using Paypal.

That's a clue that MP is getting your customer's payments.

The customer will still be using PP, or a card.

If you set up your MP account for daily payments, the money should be in your bank. If you set up your MP account for weekly payments, the money will still be in your MP account.

BUT

If you don't see a payment in your MyeBay->Selling-> Orders (look at the top right of the home page) it has not been paid.

Credit card purchases usually are accepted and available immediately. Not seeing the payment on your eBay records is a Bad Thing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Credit card payment

Thank you everyone. I had never come across this before so was a bit confused. I just looked into my payment link on eBay and I see that it is set to payout tomorrow to my bank account 🙂
I appreciate everyone’s help on this. Have a great day.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply