Issue with shipping amount on invoice

I was hoping someone could offer me some advice in this situation I have. 

A customer won three of my auctions. The three auctions had shipping fees associated with letter mail shipping. Upon sending a total invoice to the customer I adjusted the shipping to save them a few dollars and also mentioned in the message box that I was doing this along with upgrading the shipping method to expedited with tracking. I adjusted the lettermail fee to $0 and entered the expedited at $15. The payment just came through and there is no fee paid at all for shipping. 

Is there anything I can do here to get shipping fee paid? Do I have no choice but to ship the item for free? 

thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One of the auctions had a $10 shipping fee. Thankfully the buyer was understanding and we were able to come to a compromise. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

According to what you wrote, your invoice gave the buyer a choice of ($0)free shipping with economy/ lettermail or $15 for expedited.   The buyer choose the less expensive choice.  Since you gave them that option you really should ship to them for free.  I'm not sure if I would ship them lettermail or expedited or how your buyers now expect you to ship.

It looks like your original shipping cost was $4 for each listing so $12 for 3.  But you were going to charge $15?  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

One of the auctions had a $10 shipping fee. Thankfully the buyer was understanding and we were able to come to a compromise. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@kazaamcollectibles wrote:

I was hoping someone could offer me some advice in this situation I have. 

A customer won three of my auctions. The three auctions had shipping fees associated with letter mail shipping. Upon sending a total invoice to the customer I adjusted the shipping to save them a few dollars and also mentioned in the message box that I was doing this along with upgrading the shipping method to expedited with tracking. I adjusted the lettermail fee to $0 and entered the expedited at $15. The payment just came through and there is no fee paid at all for shipping. 

Is there anything I can do here to get shipping fee paid? Do I have no choice but to ship the item for free? 

thanks

@kazaamcollectibles 

I've had 3 sellers report to me this exact issue. They've updated the revised shipping but when it sent it defaulted to 0.00 for some magic reason. Customer is thrilled and pays immediately. No way to correct after the fact. I believe I've seen this mentioned on the dot com board. Another glitch?? Hard to know for sure. Just know it happens. Why i ALWAYS make sure to send a copy to myself of the revised invoice and check it. I think it happened to me awhile back. Fortunately the buyer noticed and was nice enough to wait for a revised revised invoice. Most are not. And there is little in the way from eBay to correct these situations when they do happen unless you get that cooperative buyer that is fine with ending and relisting or creating a unique listing just for them. Sending/requesting revised invoices shouldn't be the challenge that it is. Any seller who has dealt with these problems know this well from experience!!!

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The op states that they changed the invoice to $0 so in this case, it wasn't a glitch. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply