Managed Payments

empyourf0
Community Member

I have a seller account on Ebay and am trying to connect my shopify store to ebay and it is saying I have to opt in for managed payments on Ebay first.  I can't find where I do this?  If anyone can tell me where I opt in that would be helpful.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Managed Payments

You will also need a checking account in a Canadian bank. (It can be held in loonies or in US dollars, but not both).

And your eBay, bank, and Managed Payments names must match exactly.  If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, but eBay has you as JJJ Smith, your bank as JJ Jingleheimer Smith, and you try to use John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith for MP, you will fail.

This goes for the backup ID too- I used my passport, DH used his driving license. EBay asks for , but cannot legally DEMAND, our SINs.

The micro-payments don't seem to work very well.

All that being said--- This is the closest I can find to a "SIGN UP HERE FOR YOUR MANAGED PAYMENTS ACCOUNT" page.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-automatic-payment-method/upd...

And that took me several minutes to find, although I am a speed reader.

And I'm still not sure it's right.

tyler@ebay 

This is really difficult to find and vague about what is actually happening.

To begin with, it should not be possible to list until the new seller has signed up for a  Managed Payments account.

My third thought (the first two being rude and filled with vulgarities) is that without that MP registration, it is very easy for a scammer to sell and then text the unwitting buyer for payment, since there is no need to have a payment method set up in advance.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Managed Payments

Thanks for this feedback @femmefan1946 - I'll make sure the Payments folks see it. I know there was a lot of back and forth between when to mandate payments onboarding, but that was back when there were still people across both PayPal and eBay-managed payments. Now that that's not really a thing any longer, they may be more open to making it clearer. 

@empyourf0  - it looks like you were able to get registered successfully, but please know that there may be a time where we ask you to provide proof of identity similar to what Femme mentioned in their post above. If that is the case you will see a red banner on your eBay pages that say you need to update your account information. This is to comply with our obligations to meet 'Know your Customer' laws. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 3
latest reply