No more paypal humans to speak to?

I was charged  3 times thru PayPal to my bank. Unknown charges, I cant speak to anybody on the phone.  Frustrating.  Why?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Had a charge past week for a transaction that does not exist on my paypal, i reached them with the text chat. They'll probably tell you the same than me and to contact your bank
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

my bank said they cant see who charged the charges, only says paypal withdrawl with a long number and the date and amount. one of pp or my bank have to know!?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you have a PayPal account log in there and you can look under "Activity" and it will show you who the transactions were with. If it was from eBay transactions it will say eBay Commerce Canada with an order number. I haven't had to talk to PayPal via phone for a few years now but I do use them for all my eBay purchases and other online purchases. I always found them easy to reach (at least then). On the PayPal site go to "Contact Us" you have an option for a phone call back, online chat or email there. I know when I had used them the "call back" was usually within a few minutes.

In terms of any unauthorized transactions you could also use their "Resolution Center" from your PayPal account. They allow you up to 180 days (which has always amazed me.....seems like a long time!) to open a claim there.

I don't use the PayPal app, I go to my account from the computer as I think the Dashboard shows a lot more info and right on the top you will see "Activity" that is the first place I'd look. Good luck!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I feel like we're maybe facing the same situation. I did not called the bank yet but it's predictable they'll refer me to paypal

I can't see the transaction on my paypal, do you?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

nope.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Okay we run into the same situation... I'm glad to see i'm not an isolated case, i started thinking i maybe did that transaction... They must be awared of the situation if a lot of people got stolen from their bank accounts like that. I wonder if paypal got hacked or something

Update the thread if you find something to do or have any news

Message 8 of 8
latest reply