Paid by Buyer but no money in Paypal or on hold

Hi, I sold 2 items recently and the 2 buyers as paid. This is good for now but, I have not received my payment in Paypal and the payment is not even on hold in my balance.. Where it is?? eBay says it as been paid but I can't find my money anywhere and the items are shipped. Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Did you ship after getting an email telling you that you had been paid?

You were scammed.

The ONLY place to confirm payment is on your own PP account page, which you get to from your own bookmark, not through a link in an email.

Are the items marked as Paid on your eBay page?

That is possible because some transactions are Local Pickup for Cash, and this allows either buyer or seller to confirm the transaction is complete.

Again, only your PP page is trustworthy for confirming payment.

I'm sorry.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I has been marked as paid on eBay so the transaction has been made via Paypal but Paypal can't find the transaction and this is weird... I have not been scammed due to all the confirmation received by eBay. That's for sure. But the process of eBay is so **bleep** that nothing is working as always... 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Check to see what email address those payments went to. Yours?
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Never ever ship until you have received the email from PayPal that payment has been received. Ebay will never send you an email that you have received payment.  That email comes from PayPal only..  then as a new seller you can check PayPal to verify it is in your account on hold, until the item is received.. then later released..  I have a very bad feeling here..

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I concur. The seller in this case should absolutely hold off until he can verify there is money paid for the goods. My first guess if it seems to be missing is a mistyped email address for PayPal payments in that listing; the second is fraud. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

And no offence intended but as a new seller with a zero-feedback count selling goods in your category, you are going to be a magnet for less-than-ethical types. You did the right thing when you questioned this series of events and came here to ask about it. 

If you have an existing ebay account that you've used in the past for buying stuff, I would strongly recommend you use that one to sell instead so that you don't look so ripe for the picking. Or buy some low, cost goods here yourself to gain at least a little feedback. It will make you look more established and also gain you better insight into how ebay works from a buying point-of-view which leads to better customer service as a seller. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply