PayPal payments

gavinm1
Community Member

Just tried paying for an item from a US seller.  After repeated attempts of getting the whirling circle of death, I gave up and used CC.   Is there a glitch in the system?  Does the seller not use PP after the recent changes?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal payments

Buyers can still use Paypal, as well as Visa MasterCard and Amex. Plus the newer ApplePay and GooglePay.

Sellers are now using Managed Payments as eBay's in-house payment processor, a return to the status quo ante of 2015.  This should have no effect on buyers.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

PayPal payments

I just had the same issue for 2+ hours, gave up & entered my CC. Not cool EBAY!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

PayPal payments

@caesarleigh wrote:

I just had the same issue for 2+ hours, gave up & entered my CC. Not cool EBAY!

Nothing as per Downdetector specific other than a few random reports of tech issues. Same goes with PayPal.

https://downdetector.ca/status/ebay/

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

PayPal payments

I've had the same issue now for almost 24 hours.  Contacting Ebay 'support' resulted in them eventually telling me that it's an ongoing site issue.  That was yesterday.  I contacted them again today, spent a half hour explaining everything to them, again, and they finally told me, yes, it's a site technical issue.  wow.

I may very well have to bail and go to CC as well...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

PayPal payments

Update as of 10/31 4:00 p.m. EDT:  happy to confirm now that it seems that paying with Paypal is possible.

I've yet to hear back from Ebay support with respect to this, and my current 'service requet number' is still open, but no doubt they're sending out a notification to all affected users that the situation has been rectified...  lol

Message 6 of 6
latest reply