Postage cost more than buyer paid leaving seller with cancer out the money

I had to pay more to mail a heavy item, the buyer has agreed to pay the extra.  Since eBay won't give me his email address, I can't use PayPal to invoice him.  How can I send him an invoice he can pay please?  I put this on the community on Oct. 3 2022 and have had no replies.  The missing postage balance is serious for me - I have cancer and need medical supplies

Kathy at eBay A Vintage Collectible
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry your previous post must have been missed by everyone.  Since you are in a transaction with the buyer you can exchange email address via eBay messages.

You are lucky that the buyer is willing to pay extra postage as they are not required to pay more than what was advertised in the listing.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You'd be amazed at how many sellers have active cancers, or are survivors.  Also diabetes, strokes, Guillan Barre, various forms of paraplegia, heart disease, renal disfunction....

Asking for pity for any sort of disability is likely to get you ignored or disbelieved.

State the problem as clearly as you can. We can't solve anything else.

You can ask for the email with Messages because you are in a transaction. It is very nice of the buyer to agree to pay more, but if they change their mind, you still have to ship.

OH!!

Ship on Tuesday!  You can ship by Canada Post Expedited on Tuesday (Oct  25 is the last day for this promotion) or by Tracked Packet USA (new promotion this year!).

You need a tape measure, a digital scale, and a printer to do this.

If the buyer has paid your original asking price, you don't (this one time) have to wait for any further money if you get yourself organized before 6pm ET on Tuesday October 25.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Shoot .

I just realized that you already shipped . And apparently were not aware of the Tuesday Promotions on Oct 4. Shoot.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply