cannot find buyers email address in paypal

Need to find a buyers email address. The buyer payed with paypal. Cannot find his email address anywhere on paypal. This is odd. We were always able to find it before now.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Check your Sales Record on eBay.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That happens once in a awhile for me. The first thing I do is go in my email inbox and find the buyer's paypal notice of payment received. I click reply on that and usually by just hovering above the buyer's name with the mouse cursor, the email address will appear. You can just copy the address from there (CTRL-C) and then paste it wherever it is needed (CTRL-V).  There has been a few times where an email address could not be found anywhere and in those instances I had to contact the buyer directly through the ebay messaging system.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

On the payment notice, click on REFUND.

That page should have the buyer's email - at least the one he uses with PP since in order to refund you need that address.

Note that you don't have to do anything at that point, just backbutton away once you have the information.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks redqube and femmefan1946 for the answers (they both work to get the buyers email address).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The email address of the buyer is available on the eBay Sales Record.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Also, note sometimes buyer pay as a gust and are not registered and don't have an email on file.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I take guest orders all the time; there’s always an email associated with the purchase or the buyer wouldn’t be able to submit payment via PayPal.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply