eBay Canada credit issue with Canada Post

Hi

I printed an eBay label today on eBay.ca.  

When I went to the local Post Office to drop it off.....the clerk got a MESSAGE that "Distribution Order blocked for Credit. eBay's account with Canada Post is overdue.
I also spoke to someone at Canada Post who told me that eBay Canada is blocked due to credit issues.

It appears eBay Canada owes Canada Post an outstanding amount that makes all the shipping labels printed on eBay Canada useless

Can I be advised as to when eBay will settle this issue with Canada Post. My buyer is waiting for his item for which I paid $23.49 for the shipping label

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Hopefully Tyler can confirm what is going on but if I were you, I would void that label and print a new at paypal.com/shipnow.   Or if you have a small business account, you can print a label through Canada post online at snap ship.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Hi

How do I void a Canada Post shipping label purchase on eBay labels. I don't any link for that

Once I get this resolved, I'm using Shippo for all my sales.

Anthony

adicio2005

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Hi

Yes, I might just use snap ship on canadapost.ca

I can also do it in my PayPal account
I do want to get my refund from eBay Labels

Thanks

Anthony

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

You could check your tracking number with Canada Post's online ontracking system to see if there are any unpaid flags. I just checked your number and it shows as created.

How to void/cancel an eBay Label:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4157

Managing your eBay Label shipments:

https://www.ebay.ca/ship/lmng/labels-history/my-ebay

-;-

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

YIKES! I'm glad I read this! I will use Shippo for my next label this is scary!! Hope it works out for you!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

UPDATE

So I took the package to the same Post Office today

And it was OK...accepted finally. My package is off to the buyer.

I went on Twitter blasting eBay Labels...stay away from them. Only eBay benefits with them. Besides I noticed I could not take the Signature option when dealing with Condo Units and Apartements units which I hate to ship to because of theft when item left at lobby.

I actually got an email from eBay customer service with some lame "standard reply" that I try bringing my package to another Canada Post Office . Really I have to run around town to drop off packages. Give me a break. eBay pay your suppliers on time and your sellers won't have any issues shipping with Canada Post.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Really ...I would like to know how to VOID an eBay Labels purchased Canada Post label

I know how to do it with PayPal

Can you tell me how its done? I don't think  eBay has incoporated that in their platform Yet

Stay away from eBay Labels

Anthony

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

please go read my UPDATE. Thanks

Staw away from eBay labels.

Also noticed that when you print it out it is one $ amount but then a few days letter when you look at your Transactions &Payouts, you see a higher amount.  I have seen this often. Seems like eBay is clawing back even though I know my weight and dimensions are exact.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Really ...I would like to know how to VOID an eBay Labels purchased Canada Post label

I know how to do it with PayPal

Can you tell me how its done? I don't think  eBay has incoporated that in their platform Yet

Stay away from eBay Labels

Anthony

PS: who is this Tyler that I hear about. Is he a real live person?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@adicio2005 wrote:

... Besides I noticed I could not take the Signature option when dealing with Condo Units and Apartements units which I hate to ship to because of theft when item left at lobby.  ...

That would not be an ebay Labels issue...

Canada Post does not currently collect signatures for multi-unit locations. They only recently restarted collecting signatures for single addresses (like houses). 

-;-

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I did not see the Signature option the yesterrday when I purchased an eBay Label

and ran into my dilemma

where at the local Canada Post PO it scans with

Error 

Account No. 4013252............that's eBay account

Distribution order blocked for Credit

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

All ebay Labels have those 5 digits as the start of the Canada Post tracking number

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Sorry its 6 digits

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

My workplace use a Pitney Bowes stamp machine for shipping, and I got such a message one day trying to ship a package, that the credit was not good...  The problem is that this system doesn't charge you money up front (unlike for lettermail stamps), but put it to the account, and then it is billed to the company each month!  So if you don't have overdue bills from past months, there isn't supposed to be a limitation on shipping labels.
I tried it again a couple of minutes later, and everything went fine, as usually expected.  This was only a temporary glitch...
I strongly suspect the same thing happened when this package was scanned at the post office the first time!

Message 17 of 17
latest reply