manage payment help for dummy

hi, im kinda new.

1 i realise this is silly but im wondering does the number it shows in "total earnings" include deductions or does ebay take their deductions at sametime they do the bank deposit?

2 why when I delete a listing from the sold section it subtracts it off of the number showing in earnings? if it was my only sale it will display "$0.00"

so for example, it may say "22.22" post purchase which I realise includes the cost of the item plus shipping money sent for me to spend. I like to do sameday ship if possible then I remove it from the list so I know its dealt with, but each time those particular earnings disappear too.

Shouldnt it be displaying it regardless, if it hasnt been deposited to the bank? I see total earnings as like a holding tank if you will, is that correct? so how could i easily see my tally if i needed to?

does ebay keep track of the earnings once if I remove them from the list?

id like to extend a big thank you to whoever contributes some information to this post. in exchange for some help i promise to browse the board occasionally to share some knowledge with others 🙂
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi! I can see that ypdc_dennis has left you awesome links which will give you your summarys in a click.

I'm not sure if you are using the desktop/browser version and Seller Hub which is where I go to see mine. Under the "Payments Summary" recent transactions should stay there for 90 days. If you click the "see all" you can also "View details" for each individual item which will show the break down of Total/Fees/Net.

Since I've worked as a bookkeeper in the past I still have imbedded in my brain to keep all paper work just in case so I actually print my transaction summaries. I total all the net sales and then deduct all my shipping fees to have a more Net Net! (I use Shippo for my labels so I have their invoice for reference - which I print also (can't help myself!) If you are using eBay for the labels they should take the money from the "processing" amount.

You asked is "Total Earnings" a holding tank. I'm not sure what you mean by the total earnings. To me the "holding tank" is the "processing" total. Once it's been "Paid Out" it's no longer in the holding tank as you say.

I'm not sure if you are set up for Daily/Weekly etc. payouts. Myself I use Daily, I usually do 5 day auctions that end within a couple of days of each other so when I'm lucky there are a number of items all being "processed" together on the same day.

You say you like to  remove the items from your list once shipped, I have never done this so I'm not sure how that would change things but I would believe they would have to stay in the "recent transactions" list in Payment Summary (for 90 days anyways).

You don't have to remove them to keep track of what you shipped, under Orders there are sub-categories of Awaiting Payment, Awaiting Shipment, it will show zero awaiting shipment there once shipped, don't remove it and you won't have to worry!

If you are clicking on the app version the 90 day total there if you click (I just checked mine) gives you your sold list with the totals BEFORE deductions and with a smaller font + Shipping (Buyer pays....) For the best breakdown summary use the Seller Hub.

There's always something new to learn and this is a great place to come (has helped me!)

The managed payments is fairly new for all of us, I'm still trying to figure things out myself! Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

To see your financial details:

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin/transactions

Payouts are less fees.

Not sure how you are removing your orders.

You should be archiving them, to hide from view.

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/ord?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS

Seller Central is the forum to ask this question rather than Canada Town Square.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi! I can see that ypdc_dennis has left you awesome links which will give you your summarys in a click.

I'm not sure if you are using the desktop/browser version and Seller Hub which is where I go to see mine. Under the "Payments Summary" recent transactions should stay there for 90 days. If you click the "see all" you can also "View details" for each individual item which will show the break down of Total/Fees/Net.

Since I've worked as a bookkeeper in the past I still have imbedded in my brain to keep all paper work just in case so I actually print my transaction summaries. I total all the net sales and then deduct all my shipping fees to have a more Net Net! (I use Shippo for my labels so I have their invoice for reference - which I print also (can't help myself!) If you are using eBay for the labels they should take the money from the "processing" amount.

You asked is "Total Earnings" a holding tank. I'm not sure what you mean by the total earnings. To me the "holding tank" is the "processing" total. Once it's been "Paid Out" it's no longer in the holding tank as you say.

I'm not sure if you are set up for Daily/Weekly etc. payouts. Myself I use Daily, I usually do 5 day auctions that end within a couple of days of each other so when I'm lucky there are a number of items all being "processed" together on the same day.

You say you like to  remove the items from your list once shipped, I have never done this so I'm not sure how that would change things but I would believe they would have to stay in the "recent transactions" list in Payment Summary (for 90 days anyways).

You don't have to remove them to keep track of what you shipped, under Orders there are sub-categories of Awaiting Payment, Awaiting Shipment, it will show zero awaiting shipment there once shipped, don't remove it and you won't have to worry!

If you are clicking on the app version the 90 day total there if you click (I just checked mine) gives you your sold list with the totals BEFORE deductions and with a smaller font + Shipping (Buyer pays....) For the best breakdown summary use the Seller Hub.

There's always something new to learn and this is a great place to come (has helped me!)

The managed payments is fairly new for all of us, I'm still trying to figure things out myself! Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ok smarrtie pants sorry its my 1st post so i did not notice it is in the incorrect spot. and by the time i did it woudnt let me change it. and thank you for your reply but im still confused. is payout what it is called after it is deposited or before? as for archiving i dont see a button for that. all i see is "edit" and then it gives me the option to remove. currently i am accessing past orders by clicking on payments. but i am finding its not super convenient. Id prefer just a simple list of items / dates which I cant seem to find.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for this well worded and thoughtful response. I believe this makes sense and its possible I am confusing the meaning of the 90 day total with the amount currently processing. i will have a closer look. thank you!!!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You're welcome! Glad to have helped! 😊

Message 6 of 6
latest reply