ATTN SELLERS: WATCH YOUR PARCELS SENT BY CANADA POST

Keep an eye on your parcels travelling across Canada if sent by Canada Post.

After a long stretch of very timely service from the mothercorp, this week I have seen several tracked parcels derailed since the Thanksgiving Long Weekend in Canada. One was lost in transit until traced, two more late, and two more delayed due to 'Label correction applied' en route. (I can assure you there's nothing wrong with the labels, sizes or dimensions; the last time I saw that particular message on a parcel it was due to the person behind the counter scanning it as if it were postage purchased on a business account instead of prepaid by paypal.)

Remember that if the carrier blows past their guaranteed delivery standard on a parcel sent by Expedited Service (as is purchased through paypal shipping) you are entitled as the sender to request your money back from Canada Post.

As to the fact such an unusual number of parcels travelling in different directions and mailed at different times have been late? Well.... let's hope this was a blip and not a sign of things to come for the busy holidays.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Keep an eye on your parcels travelling across Canada if sent by Canada Post.

After a long stretch of very timely service from the mothercorp, this week I have seen several tracked parcels derailed since the Thanksgiving Long Weekend in Canada. One was lost in transit until traced, two more late, and two more delayed due to 'Label correction applied' en route. (I can assure you there's nothing wrong with the labels, sizes or dimensions; the last time I saw that particular message on a parcel it was due to the person behind the counter scanning it as if it were postage purchased on a business account instead of prepaid by paypal.)

Remember that if the carrier blows past their guaranteed delivery standard on a parcel sent by Expedited Service (as is purchased through paypal shipping) you are entitled as the sender to request your money back from Canada Post.

As to the fact such an unusual number of parcels travelling in different directions and mailed at different times have been late? Well.... let's hope this was a blip and not a sign of things to come for the busy holidays.

Thanks for the "heads up", mj.  On a couple of occasions, I saw the note "label correction applied" but never knew what it meant (neither did the postal clerk).  In both cases, they arrived by the guaranteed delivery date, so I didn't have to claim for a refund of postage.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You're welcome. I was puzzled by the term too. The first time I came across it was a few years ago and, like you, there was no explanation available. The second time, the person working the counter said, "Oops!" right after it happened and later I saw the term show up on tracking. This is about the fifth of sixth time I've had it arise. Maybe I'm wrong but it's my leading theory. I don't remember if it caused a delay the other times but for whatever reason it did this time.

I don't know that most customers will be terribly upset if their order arrives a day (or two) late but I do feel badly when tracking says there's a 'label correction' because it implies an error was made. Not my error!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The oddest part to me is that after so many months of very smooth and reliable service, it would appear there are suddenly problems with meeting on-time guarantees. Temporary, I hope. In light of the changes coming to seller assessments, I thought it worth noting. Hammer home that point of making absolutely certain all Canadian sellers get their Acceptance Scans recorded at the postal counter within their handling times, every time.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply