Add items to an existing promotions on ebay.ca

Hi there,

I have an issue with promotions on .ca and I'd like to know if some people experience the same , and if it's indeed a site glitch.

I have set a promotion (15% off selected items on my ebay store). Then I wanted to add items to this existing promotion, so here is what i did :

Marketing tab > Promotions > Edit promotion > Add > Tick items to add > Save and Review.

Than the item doesn't add, and I get this error message in red characters : "You need a Ebay store subscription in order to use promotions".

Is anybody experiencing the same while trying to add items to existing promotions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

As an update, I confirm that, as of 2019-04-26, this issue with adding items to existing promotions is still unresolved. The error message appear after we add new items to an existing promotion, and click the Save and Review Button. The message reads as : "You need an ebay store subscription in order to use promotions".

See screen capture attached. Many Ebay.ca store owners have confirmed  over the last few months that have had this issue too... 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This problem has been going on for a few years. I just mentioned it again on the weekly chat we had on Wednesday to Tyler.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone - 

I'm still working on getting an answer on this (thank you to @mypaperstuff for including the screenshot on your original post!). 

Just wondering - for the items you are adding to a sale, were they listed on .ca or .com? And are you logged into .ca or .com when you try to add them?

Wanting to rule a few things out before I escalate this further. Thanks!

(Tagging @2nd-time-around-jewelry so they get the notification).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for looking into this. I didn't know how to add a screenshot for you last week. I only list on ebay.ca & was trying to add them on that site.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That's super helpful @2nd-time-around-jewelry  thank you!!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay,

I list everything using .ca, and I'm always logged into .ca as well. I don't use .com at all (except sometime for search needs, but then I'm not logged in).

Message 8 of 8
latest reply