Advertising on eBay.ca sellers outside of Canada

Good morning everyone hope you all have an amazing weekend .

Just want to share what i find out on eBay.ca today .

Im not sure should i share the link ,because most of the time my links are deleted .

So if you are curious like me check eBay Canada deals and under the handbags and backpacks you will see what I saw .

Wondering if Tyler @ ebay has something to say about .

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The items offered under ebay Canada Deals -- whatever they are -- are supposed to be curated by ebay Canada staff people somewhere.

Are you saying it's sketchy? I recall at least once in the past when a buyer came to the board citing issues with the item(s) they received as part of the ebay Deals department. 

I would not be surprised to learn that the job of curating those 'deals' has gone from a human with a critical eye to automated bots using artificial intelligence not smart enough to spot a scam. But that's pure speculation. 

By all means, ask Tyler or Happy to have a gander.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Its done by the human .

I will post this in the weekly board just out of curiosity.

Im not expecting much .

What ever question you place when isnt comfortable the answer its very very slippery .

You saw what happened with the scammer sellers .I got my refund but this is not my point .So someone blessed them .

What happen with your case ?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The Returns fraud case? I won my appeal and my responsibility to refund the buyer was reversed. I strongly suspect that the buyer still got his refund but that ebay foot the bill for it so my hope with that is that ebay will watch his account more closely now to ensure it's not part of a pattern of repeatedly fraudulent activities. To grant full benefit of the doubt, it's possible (although not likely) that the buyer accidentally sent the wrong (wrecked) one back to me, or that he simply didn't realize he couldn't open it, damage it, and keep part of it before sending it back to me and still expect a refund. And that now he will know better than to do it again. Let's hope. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

good for you .Did you file a police report ?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I prepared my police report as directed but was unable to get to the station to file it before the appeal was closed. (From past experience, I know to set aside at least 90 minutes to do file a report in person and I simply didn't have that block of time available to do so until the weekend.) Initially, the CSR told me that I had five days to do it and that, by the calendar, meant my final day to comply was Sunday but the case was decided in my favour by Friday morning. I'm certain this was the result of a Higher Power intervening in the matter... aka Tyler.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You are lucky .He didnt do this when the customer scammed me lol

Im not surprise 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply