Another Good Till Cancelled rant.

One of my biggest on going concerns is the ability to recheck and revise as i relist, this task that i have always assumed is going to be taken away from me... I was just relisting 12 items, as i still have the power to do that.. for now.. And i noticed on 8 out of 12 items, the condition description was blank.. No problem i was able to fix it..before i relisted..

Now what happens when ebay automatically relists my items with missing information, or does anyone remember last year when the gtc option dropped photos from lot's of listings, some seller's are still trying to fix that mistake..

Leave the gtc option for the big box seller's.. Leave the 30 day option for us smaller sellers..

Please..

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@esclyons 

This could also affect items that "suddenly" have become eBay Catalog products. Quite often that Catalog data does not match your listing in no way, shape or form and could potentially list in entirely inaccurately. It's still unclear who would be held accountable if that item sold and the new description doesn't match what the buyer receives.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The Books category has had a catalogue for longer than any other (I think).

I rarely allow the catalogue to print a description and picture. In part because my books are used, and the cover won't look like that, but also because some ISBN numbers have been used for many editions and/or covers  of the same title.

It's never a good idea to use or trust someone else's work.

I agree about the question of accountability. I think eBay's cya on that is the note that the seller takes all responsibility for the accuracy of the listing -- even if the information was automatically supplied by eBay.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I agree 100%! How does e-Bay have the right to automatically force us to have Good Till Cancelled?

This is not helping any seller...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

In puttering through adding some new book listings and a few older relists, I'm finding the changes are making it more time consuming to process with the fields that they have chosen to make available. Thanks for the mention regarding ISBN. Very true. As for items that get snagged by "catalog" the vast majority have incorrect specifics.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 5
latest reply