Any progress with shipping rate tables? Create both Canada by province and US state? Delete unused?

It's been 3 years. I tried to setup rate tables when they were released but they were so cumbersome and limited I just gave up on them.  For instance on Ebay.ca you couln't get rates configured by US States. on EBay.com I can't get configured Canadian provinces. I wasn't expecting ebay to show Canada post or USPS/Fedex/UPS US rates All I wanted is the appropriate table to apply, that is to have a rate table for Canada in Ebay.CA and ratetable for US in Ebay.com and customer checking out in US will get the appropriate rate table for US and buyer in Canada will get the rate table I have setup in Ebay.CA

Tax tables work this way. Here is the post abou tax tables:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Archive-1/Using-Canadian-tax-tables-on-Ebay-com/td-p/338422

So wondering whethere there was any progress on the shipping tables. It doesn't take a genius to realize for most sellers the rate tables are pretty much useless the way they work now.

On top of that, you can't delete the old rates I no longer want. Apparently the only way to delete is to contact ebay customer service and ask them to delete the whole rate table from the back-end (that was the 2018 situation, so with limited support I guess I can't get even that luxury anymore).

You can delete the region but you can't delete the rate table entry once it's there.

rt1.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Any progress with shipping rate tables? Create both Canada by province and US state? Delete unused?

You don't have to do all that.

The shipping costs are on the Canada Post site.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Note that the rate may change with your location, as well as dimensions, weight, and destination.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Firstly, I have my own rates to include cost of shipping materials and the Managed Payments processing fee.  Secondly, if I was shipping Canada Post to the mainland US and internationally, I would go bankrupt with those rates they have. The only rates outside Canada where Canada Post beats my shipping rates is Guantanamo, Puerto Rico and few other places where UPS and doesn't ship.

That's the reason I don't just enter weight of the item and use Canada Post.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply