Are high value sellers still using cp expedited?

To the people who sell $500+ items, are you just using cp expedited?

I checked out purolators rates but they weren't competitive at all, nobody will pay that so it's cp, but scared of inr bs (had some bad earlier experiences) with items I can't afford to lose and no signatures anymore.

I only have a few big ticket items, what service do you guys use to canada and us?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Earlier last week, tyler@ebay  assured us that, although Canada Post was not collecting those signatures, eBay was accepting Signature Confirmation purchase as proof of delivery on high value parcels  even if the carrier was the one actually signing.

So it's still worth the $1.75 fee to buy the Signature Confirmation and let the scammers whine.

I say that because Signature is only a secondary proof that the package was delivered and to an adult. Any sensible customer would happily accept the Proof of Delivery as adequate.

If you are still concerned, it would be best to mark the package NO SAFE DROP/HOLD FOR DELIVERY which instructs the carrier to bring the valuable package back to the station and to leave a Notice telling the customer where and when he can pick it up.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I use UPS to the States for anything large or expensive. 

Call and set up an account, it will link to Shippo so you can compare rates easily (as does Purolator..)    UPS destroys Canada Post and Purolator on my US bound parcels. 

Oh and they pick up. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Don't use shippo but I might, does UPS charge duties to your customers?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'm going to do signature like I used to, whether they do anything different or not with that option, and then hope they have some kind of delivery confirmation system, also going to filter personally and only sell to buyers with many positive reviews and transactions, even if it gets me a defect or two in the process.

I may consider hold for delivery on a few items, just don't think the customer will like that, I just got a 3rd party amazon teller telling me ot go to post office for some cheap item, and I said no thanks please drop it off like any other amazon order, so it's not fun getting that message.

That's about all I can do.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi @peter32123  - @reallynicestamps gave you some good advice. 

When it's required (orders totaling $750 and more) purchasing the signature confirmation service will still qualify you for the same eBay INR protection, even if the courier isn't collecting signatures. 

I hope that helps ease your mind at least a bit!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I think I might have 1 item 750+, a couple a few hundred, those are the ones I'm not sure about, but I'll do my best to protect myself from scams.

thanks for the response.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

before covid, anything over 200$ shipped in Canada was forced to have signature required on it, by Canada post, and you were charged 1.75$ for it, now when i insure over 200$ the signature required is still forced on it, but their is no charge for it, as they know it is not being enforced.. 

so on my invoice from Canada Post it shows signature required, but no charge for it..

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

to the USA there is no tax/duties for items under US$800

Over $800 varies by product and state, however it's not exclusive to UPS -- the importer (the customer) is responsible for these fees no matter how it enters the country. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply