Assistance requested in understanding SfSB Levels

I feel as if the answer must be very obvious but somehow invisible to me. 

If my current spending is at $2600 then what's the reason I'm still sitting at a Level One?  

I wasn't even here to look at this, I was trying to find the list of countries not currently being serviced by postal services due to some disruption (strife or labour) when I got sidetracked. 

Uh........ duh......Uh........ duh......

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your level should get automatically adjusted April 1.

"Adjustments are made accordingly on a quarterly basis for moving up or down Savings Levels."

Source: https://www.canadapost.ca/assets/pdf/smb/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Here's the big fat pdf on Level Savings:

https://www.canadapost.ca/assets/pdf/smb/2018_Parcel_PriceGuide_SFSB_level_1-en.pdf

Edit: Nope. It's their rate guide for Level 1. 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Your level should get automatically adjusted April 1.

"Adjustments are made accordingly on a quarterly basis for moving up or down Savings Levels."

Source: https://www.canadapost.ca/assets/pdf/smb/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.pdf

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

That's what I was trying to confirm at the beginning of the year and clarification as to Postage Calculator vs Venture 1 Level one/two discount. I received a letter saying I qualified for the upgrade to level 2. So I called them to confirm and they said it would be processed by the end of January. I called again and after speaking to several people was told letter was sent in error and that it was based on a calendar year and I hadn't actually met the requirements. Okay??? Then in February I checked my account again and it showed that I HAD been upgraded to Level 2. Like everything with the government, things move in slow motion.  Currently I process the majority of shipments with SHIPPO. I only use my Venture One account when I require a service that is not available with Shippo or there is a better discount at Canadapost. Believe if you call Canadapost Business Services with your Venture One number they will be able to confirm if you do or do not qualify for the Level 2 discount. It could also be just a clerical error. They happen with them on a regular basis for some reason.

-CM

PS. Because ones Venture One account is tied to Shippo the rates should be matching. It is difficult to attach an accurate discount to postage in Ebay if you so choose because discounts vary from service to service.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodieswrote:

That's what I was trying to confirm at the beginning of the year and clarification as to Postage Calculator vs Venture 1 Level one/two discount. 

If you sign into your Solutions for Small Business (formerly Venture One) account the Canada Post calculator will display your level of discounted rates.

If you do not sign in you will see over-the-counter and level 1 discounts (minimum online savings button) when using the calculator.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

-..-

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Also for anyone not aware, if you cancel a Canadapost shipment(Unused/Voided label) in SHIPPO you receive a credit on your account in approximately 14 business days. If you cancel a USPS shipment you receive a refund.  If you process directly through Canadapost it is also processed in the form of a refund.

From the SHIPPO website:

Refund Shipping Labels

You can claim reimbursements for any successfully created but unused shipping labels - including the 5 cent Shippo label fee.

Possible statuses include:

• QUEUED: The request is being process by Shippo.
  • PENDING: Waiting for more tracking data from carriers, this could take up to 14 days.
  • ERROR: Refund rejected, the shipment was found to be used.
  • SUCCESS: Refund accepted, a negative line item will be added to your next Shippo invoice.

Information about refunds
  • Refunds include the cost of the shipping label, and the Shippo label fee.
  • Once a refund has been claimed, you cannot use the shipping label for sending packages - it will be rejected.
  • Refunds can take several days to be processed. This is because it can take days for tracking data to come back and confirm that the label has not been used.
  • You will see refunds appear as a negative line item in your next Shippo invoice.
  • Although some carriers don't charge you until a package is scanned into their system, you would still need to refund an unused shipping label in Shippo to refund the Shippo label fee and any insurance that you had purchased through Shippo.

-CM

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@ypdc_denniswrote:

If you sign into your Solutions for Small Business (formerly Venture One) account the Canada Post calculator will display your level of discounted rates.

Where exactly?  I have my seller dashboard open and it shows the number of shipments I've had but I don't see info on total postage or level of discounted rates.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@jt-librawrote:

@ypdc_denniswrote:

Where exactly?  I have my seller dashboard open and it shows the number of shipments I've had but I don't see info on total postage or level of discounted rates.

?? I am referring to the rates you see in the Canada Post calculator.

You sign into your account and then use the calculator. The rates shown then will match what your level allows.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@ypdc_denniswrote:

@jt-librawrote:

@ypdc_denniswrote:

You sign into your account and then use the calculator. The rates shown then will match what your level allows.

I have signed into my account .... as I mentioned, I see the number of shipments I've made.  In order to see the Canada Post calculator, I would have to proceed to the next screen which is to create a label through Snap Ship or EST Online.  From there I see a label creation page.

I guess I have my Canada Post default pages set up differently than you.  The only way I've ever been able to see the total postage for the year is through my manual records.

Thanks anyway.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I find the Canada Post website to be a nightmare.

When I first got a Venture One account, I selected a User Name and password.  Then when I wanted to purchase something on EST online, those never worked so I had to select another User Name and password.  When I started to use Snap Ship, I was forced to select another User Name/password ... also for Shippo.  So I now have four user names and four passwords and, to get to where I need to be, it seems I have to use all four.  I've tried many times to get everything under one User Name and one password, but it's never worked. 

Like I said .... a nightmare!

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

“I find the Canada Post website to be a nightmare.”

Do you get the same website survey as I do every time that I use the site? Share your concerns.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:

Do you get the same website survey as I do every time that I use the site? Share your concerns.

Yes, I have many times.  And I've had countless telephone conversations with them but nothing changes.  And it's not like my user name/password are rejected; I enter them and then it takes me to another screen where I enter the next log-in information which is accepted but then takes me to another screen and so on.

And then, after all that, I have to keep manual records because I can't get any useful information from my online account.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Yes, I noticed at times that I have to log into my account more than once before it agrees that I’m logged in. I took it to be a browser-related issue. Are you, like me, using Safari? I can’t remember.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:
Yes, I noticed at times that I have to log into my account more than once before it agrees that I’m logged in. I took it to be a browser-related issue. Are you, like me, using Safari? I can’t remember.

I use Chrome and Firefox.  I only use my desktop for eBay business and Safari is not supported on a Windows PC (just a very early version of it).

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

@jt-librawrote:

I find the Canada Post website to be a nightmare.

When I first got a Venture One account, I selected a User Name and password.  Then when I wanted to purchase something on EST online, those never worked so I had to select another User Name and password.  When I started to use Snap Ship, I was forced to select another User Name/password ... also for Shippo.  So I now have four user names and four passwords and, to get to where I need to be, it seems I have to use all four.  I've tried many times to get everything under one User Name and one password, but it's never worked. 

Like I said .... a nightmare!

The Canada Post website has always been a nightmare to navigate and the seemingly yearly makeovers to the site appearance and navigation confuse me.

Years ago when I started selling on eBay, I made a bookmark folder in Firefox called Canada Post and I bookmarked all the pages I need and used as well as some obscure and infrequently used CP pages. Each year I go through that folder of CP bookmarks and check each one out to make sure it still works and add a date to it when checked. (I do the same with my eBay bookmarks.) Having the browser bookmarks makes it way easier to find my way around because the browser bookmarks are always in the same place and in a logical breakdown and order (to me!) sometimes with more meaningful names than the CP web site page names!

To my amazement over the past 9+ years, the bookmarks still work other than the rare occasional page being dropped or changed that I correct in my yearly verification. 

LOL, even Canada Post will not dare change the URLs of their core pages because it would cause havoc with broken links throughout their site. They may change the navigation pages to the core pages and the content on the core pages but not the URL of the page itself. I rarely if ever see redirect links to a new page either using the Canad Post site.

So I would suggest making a bookmark folder in your browser for Canada Post if you have not does this.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Thanks @pocomocomputing.  I'll give that a try.  I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has had trouble navigating their site.

Hopefully I'll be able to get to where I'm going with only one or two password entries!!

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@jt-librawrote:

@ypdc_denniswrote:

@jt-librawrote:

@ypdc_denniswrote:

I have signed into my account .... as I mentioned, I see the number of shipments I've made.  In order to see the Canada Post calculator, I would have to proceed to the next screen which is to create a label through Snap Ship or EST Online.  From there I see a label creation page.

I guess I have my Canada Post default pages set up differently than you.  The only way I've ever been able to see the total postage for the year is through my manual records.

What I was talking about was using the calculator (with direct link provided). Not about the yearly total of shipments and associated level.

If you want your total then click on the $ sign in the Outbound items section. This will bring up a popup and you click on the link in the popup to see your total (taxes excluded) for the year and SfSB level.

click for a popupclick for a popup

then click againthen click again

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Thanks @ypdc_dennis for the detailed information.  I appreciate it.

Unfortunately I don't have the $ sign in the Outbound Items box.  I have no idea why .... my browsers are up-to-date.  However, through fiddling around, I managed to get to this information in a round-about way.

Canadapost.ca > Business > Tools > My Canada Post Dashboard > Profile > Your Savings Level (Level 1)

I've bookmarked this page, along with several others slight_smile

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Jt, do you see a dollar value if you go here...

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/savinglevel

Message 20 of 25
latest reply