Automatic feedback when buyer's pay... bug?

chicweb
Community Member

Hello,

Last few orders, I left an automatic positive feedback on buyer's... I never configured this. I tried fixing it by changing the setting to "When buyer's pay and left positive feedback", but even with this option ticked, it still left an automatic feedback on the last order received.

Even if the buyer didn't left a positive feedback to me....

Am I the only one having this bug?

I just deactivated the automatic feedback as it was before, but it doesn't seem to take that parameter into consideration at all.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@chicweb wrote:

So it might be a problem with my account specifically if you do not have the same problem.

I wrote to the ebay Facebook Team about this.

I'll tag also devon@ebay here. 

I'm 100% sure this option was not ticked at first when it first started. Two orders was sent a positive feedback out of nowhere.

The "Buyer has paid for the item and left me positive feedback" was ticked for a few days for testing but didn't worked. The buyer only had to pay for a feedback to be sent. I just switched it off (unticked the "Automatically leave positive feedback" entirely, like it was before).

It seem that, for my account, it just ignores that option completely, which is weird.

Capture d’écran 2023-12-21 130241.png

Hi @chicweb! This does seem a bit odd and I will get this reported and do some digging. I will let you know any insight that I find out on this. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

chicweb
Community Member

I just checked on my ebay.com account also and it's not ticked either. Just in case it was some kind of conflict... doesn't seem like it.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@chicweb wrote:

Hello,

Last few orders, I left an automatic positive feedback on buyer's... I never configured this. I tried fixing it by changing the setting to "When buyer's pay and left positive feedback", but even with this option ticked, it still left an automatic feedback on the last order received.

Even if the buyer didn't left a positive feedback to me....

Am I the only one having this bug?

I just deactivated the automatic feedback as it was before, but it doesn't seem to take that parameter into consideration at all.

@chicweb 

Unsure if it is connected but for a recent sale a buyer left feedback immediately after paying. The ink was barely dry on the shipping label so goods hadn't been received. At the time, it just seemed strange unless that was what buyer does as a matter of routine. My own leave automatic feedback is still in the off position and worked as it was supposed to.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Feedback is voluntary. Less than 40% of transactions get any FB and it is my opinion that most of that is left by sellers.

FB is a relic of the 20th century internet when buying online was edgy and thrilling.It made a connection with some stranger a continent away. Instead of how your grandma bought that annual Christmas present of Hoffman Smoked Sausages.

Sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers.

Leaving FB on shipment is one way to encourage buyers to leave it in turn.

As a side note, because I rarely use tracked services, I make FB do that job for me. "Thank you for your prompt payment. Shipped 21/12/23 Canada Post AirMail." Tells them its on its way -- and coming from Canada.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

So it might be a problem with my account specifically if you do not have the same problem.

I'm 100% sure this option was not ticked at first when it first started. Two orders was sent a positive feedback out of nowhere.

The "Buyer has paid for the item and left me positive feedback" was ticked for a few days for testing but didn't worked. The buyer only had to pay for a feedback to be sent. I just switched it off (unticked the "Automatically leave positive feedback" entirely, like it was before).

It seem that, for my account, it just ignores that option completely, which is weird.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Very odd.  Appreicate getting an update on if this get resolved. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@chicweb wrote:

Hi @chicweb! This does seem a bit odd and I will get this reported and do some digging. I will let you know any insight that I find out on this. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thank you.

I will confirm with the next order if this is still happening or not. I will also let you know here.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I am having a different glitch regarding feedback...Any items that I have sold over the last few days show as "shipped and awaiting feedback " under the order section of seller's hub yet when I go into the "leave feedback" on sellers hub the items do not even show up to leave the feedback. If I try to do it by bring the item up on the orders page, it shows the item and the 2 ways of leaving feedback(custom or saved) but when I leave the feedback either way.... I get an error message and red banner saying a"an error has occured". 

Now this AM , I received and accepted an offer on an item but could not send an invoice as it showed up immediatedly as paid and ready to ship eventhough it wasn't paid for . Also, the fees were deducted and payment wasn't processed or on hold.I cancelled the order, messaged the buyer to explain the siuation and  I have called Ebay, opened a ticket and just put things on "time away " in hope that it will be sorted out soon. This sold item ,btw, never showed up as something that I could leave feedback for either. I think there maybe a sustem glitch as nothing is working correctly on my desktop or on my phone app.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

chicweb
Community Member

devon@ebay Just a note here that this seem to be fixed now. It doesn't leave an automatic feedback anymore. 

Thanks 🙂

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

chicweb
Community Member

Ok, I talked too fast. I see this morning that there's a comment that has been posted on the last order and it was done automatically... It took some time after the orders tho... devon@ebay 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

chicweb
Community Member

Multiple sales today and it's still doing it upon payment received.

I wonder.... Is it possible that it's being triggered when I visit the Selling preferences page? Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I have been on the Selling Preferences page to set up the automatic order cancellation after x days of non-payment... and I then verified the orders.

I've left automatic feedbacks on all paid orders. When I checked earlier, that wasn't the case.

devon@ebay maybe just a coincidence, but just trying to figure out what is happening... but yes, it's still doing it even if everything is unchecked.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

chicweb
Community Member

Just a note that this is still not fixed devon@ebay 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@chicweb wrote:

Just a note that this is still not fixed devon@ebay 

Hi @chicweb! Let me get this back over to the correct team to have this looked at again.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

By the way, it  leaves feedback no matter if the customer has paid or not... It just leave an automatic feedback. I don't even know where the text of the feedback is coming from. It leaves a "Thank you" or things similar... That's not even in my configuration. Where the system is taking those texts from?

Basically (a reminder)

- My option to leave automatic feedback is NOT checked.

- My account leave a feedback on the customer's profile without my knowledge.

- The text in the feedback comes from nowhere and is random....

I want to leave manual feedback but I cannot. I'm being forced to leave positive feedback with random text even with the option unchecked.

Thank you.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply