Bundle a private offer

Hi there

I got someone actually offered me in private to deal a full set of cards i have that is 12 listings. I just wonder how can we do this? If we conclude in private, the buyer need to request total for the items and we can set up a total price from there sending an invoice i guess?

This is my first time doing this, i never had to send an invoice so i never seen what's the options we have there. I guess we don't need to create a new listing with the items to do a deal like that

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Bundle a private offer

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Hi there

I got someone actually offered me in private to deal a full set of cards i have that is 12 listings. I just wonder how can we do this? If we conclude in private, the buyer need to request total for the items and we can set up a total price from there sending an invoice i guess?

This is my first time doing this, i never had to send an invoice so i never seen what's the options we have there. I guess we don't need to create a new listing with the items to do a deal like that

You can either have them add to cart and then message you when you are done for a revised invoice as per agreed upon price or end listings and make a custom listing with shipping. Easiest options. Everything NEEDS to stay on eBay. You cannot exchange personal info prior to a sale being completed. 

-Lotz

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

Set up a new listing with the pictures (you saved those right?) and a new description saying what he will get.  Adjust the shipping to the agreed cost.

Use his eBay ID as the title, so he can find it easily.

Take down all the other listings. They will go into your Unsolds for up to 90 days.

Make the special listing Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required.

Give him a deadline.

If he pays up, ship and leave feedback.

If he doesn't, close the special listing*, reopen those Closed listings.

Put him on your Blocked Bidder Listing as a time waster.

*Or change the title and leave it open for someone who will pay.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

I don't like at all the idea of creating a new listing to be honest it would be needed to take new photos, title, description and everything. If the buyer can add the items to his cart to request total and we can set up the total price for the combined items i think i'll go for this method, i feel like it's really more simple as seller and if he do not want them the items stay listed. I have views and watchers i would lose it all too

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

Don't you keep all your photos in a desktop file? At least until the deadlines for disputes pass?

I also have a desktop file of all the descriptions I have written. Bought some 20 titles at the church book sale and had pre-written descriptions for  eight of  them which speeded up listing.

You don't lose Watchers on a listing that was put into Unsolds then Relisted. In fact, those Watchers get a notice that the item has been relisted, which might ginger someone up a little. (Although watchers, watch.)

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

Let's say you have 10 items at $10. A buyer approaches you and asks if you would accept $20 discount if he buys all 10, you agree. 

The easiest way to do this would be to enable the 'Best Offer' feature on each item. Instruct the buyer to offer you $8 per item ($20 divided by 10 items = $2 off per item). Once he sends all 10 offers, you accept all 10, and then if needed issue the invoice with combined shipping. I am just using made up simple numbers, obviously adjust them based on the situation.

There are other EASIER ways to do it, such as:

1-Creating an individual listing for all 12 items.

2-Having the buyer add all 12 items to their cart, and click the 'request total' button, you should be able to send them an invoice with a discount on top of the BIN price.

The problem with 1 is that sometimes buyers kick tires and change their mind. It would be a big hassle for you to pull 12 listings, organize a new listing, and then the buyer is not interested anymore.

The problem with 2 is that the buyer may not understand that it is possible for your to send an adjusted invoice or may not be comfortable with clicking 'Buy It Now' at full price in case you don't send the adjusted invoice with the agreed upon discounts. 

Which is why 'Best Offer' seems like the most efficient way. It should take 5 minutes for the person to send all 12 offers with the prorated discount for each one, and it should take you 5 minutes to accept and invoice.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

Thanks for the tips guys

The problem with 2 is that the buyer may not understand that it is possible for your to send an adjusted invoice or may not be comfortable with clicking 'Buy It Now' at full price in case you don't send the adjusted invoice with the agreed upon discounts. 

I'm not offering free shipping on everything they would need to request total anyway. Yeah i'm gonna go with telling them to add to cart and request total if we agreed on a price in private it seems to be the cleanest method imo. If they been confident enough to come talk to you and deal in private they should be confident enough to trust you to send the right price in an invoice. Anyway most people should know we can cancel orders

Don't you keep all your photos in a desktop file? At least until the deadlines for disputes pass?

The only time i keep them is when i forget to delete them or when i'm not done with import on ebay. I don't think it's useful in disputes, we still have access to the listing after sold and all the pictures imported, and unless i'm wrong logically it should be the only valid pictures to use in a dispute

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

I had a similar request a couple weeks ago, and the following was the customers idea, it was really clever.  He wanted like 70 CDs and the combined function wasnt working so we were at an impasse....here's what he proposed, and what we ended up doing:  we figured out a price for all of them including shipping, then I took a quick pic of the box with all his CDs, the price we agreed on, the shipping cost to him, and posted it as a new listing - took a couple minutes to post and a couple minutes to de-list all the items he bought and bingo, he went in to buy, problem solved.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

I'm confused. If creating a new listing, why would a bunch of new photos be necessary? I understand technically the answer is to avoid INAD cases. But, as we all know you can have a million pictures and a perfect description, and if the buyer wants to open a case, they can and they'll win. If they already know what they're getting, pictures won't make a difference. Let me know if I'm missing something.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

we figured out a price for all of them including shipping, then I took a quick pic of the box with all his CDs, the price we agreed on, the shipping cost to him, and posted it as a new listing

I personally feel like it should be the buyer responsability to ''do his work'' and bundle his items to request invoice but this is what i decided to do too. I asked him to add all items to cart and request total, 5 mins after i realised that i did not wanted 2 days for him to find the items and figuring out everything so i changed my mind and listed a new item, picture, quick title, short description and we were done in 10 mins

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

My thinking on keeping pictures (I keep them effectively forever, but I might be a tad retentive about that) has nothing to do with Disputes.

Disputes are so rare, most sellers report less than one percent of sales and even those are often disagreements rather than real problems,  that I just don't worry about them.

It would be for making bundles quickly using the pictures I've already taken.

And the original listings would be down for less than 48 hours, because there would be no reason to wait longer for a customer to pay on an agreed bundle.

After 48 hours the bundle comes down and the original listings go back up . Two clicks. Done.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Bundle a private offer

I guess a buyer would feel more confident buying/paying a listing with an accurate picture of the lot than a 80 items lot with just pictures of a few of them and that were it the previous listings. It's just clearer and cleaner

Message 12 of 12
latest reply