Business policies

Apparently Ebay is back into opting sellers into business policies with no notice.

I just checked mine and had to re opt out. May want to check yours to see if you are opted in again.

I have 4 pages of policies and have never set one up myself so it looks like Ebay did it for me. Wasn't that nice of them, NOT

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Business policies

I saw a few posts on the U.S. boards about this too. I don't understand why they do that as it is so confusing. It's one thing to set it up yourself but a totally different thing to have to figure out what has been done to existing listings by someone else.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

Where does one go to check on business policies please?

thanks!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

I have no idea as the links from help are not there any more. Rumour was this was put on hold till further notice which makes it a real mess to fix.

I managed to get into it once but no way I can find it any more, maybe that is because I opted out and only if you are opted in will the links show..

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could anyone tell me how to opt out (step by step)?  I tried to and could not figure out how.

Ebay also automatically switched me to business shipping policies and it is so confusing and I absolutely dislike it!!!!

thanks so so much!!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

How to Opt-Out is described..... but not found.

Not found on eBay.ca

Not found on eBay.com

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

The option should be 

Opt-In

Many sellers will be frustrated until they find out the Opt-Out button.

This whole ... Business Policies ....activity is there for new sellers... Supposedly

Experienced sellers should be ... Left Alone... automatically....

Unfortunately there are  some sellers  that have to be reminded what not to do...

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

@Anonymous wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to opt out (step by step)?  I tried to and could not figure out how.

Ebay also automatically switched me to business shipping policies and it is so confusing and I absolutely dislike it!!!!

thanks so so much!!

To opt out

My eBay -> Account -> Business Policies

This brings up Manage your business policies page and to the far right of this page on the same line is

Opt out | Send us your comments | Help

Click on Opt Out and see what happens.  I am using Business Policies and like them (once renamed to meaningful names and consolidated down to a few policies) so I do not want to click and start the process in case I can't cancel the process.

Only visible to those who have opted in.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

I must have Opted Out  already.

Could not find the Business Policies option under Account.

Looks good to me!   

Evidently I did something right

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Business policies

Until Ebay decides to opt you in again without telling you

Message 11 of 11
latest reply