Buyer is Mad at Me Because Unpaid Item Dispute Still Open and E-check Not Cleared

I fear I am going to get a negative feedback from a buyer that is getting really ticked off about their LATE payment not being cleared yet.

Buyer did not pay for a week - they let me know at about day 4 it would be paid soon.  I said fine.  Then a couple days later the Unpaid Item claim auto-generated.  They weren't happy about that.  I explained.  Then they pay and want the Unpaid Item claim reversed.  I say sorry I cannot do that until your payment clears.  They're mad again.  Why hasn't it cleared!?  I say sorry again, but I cannot control PayPal and they should contact PayPal.

The Unpaid Item Case is due to close with a fee credit to me with no payment on the same day the e-check is supposed to clear (tomorrow).  Which one happens first will likely determine if I get a negative feedback, I suppose! LOL.  But wondering if I can circumvent this?

If I do get negged, will ebay remove the neg in this situation?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer is Mad at Me Because Unpaid Item Dispute Still Open and E-check Not Cleared

if you have the assistant on that automatically opens cases after 4 days, you can turn it off, until the check clears, then it won't automatically close the case on you..  after 4 days...

Then once payment clears it will close the case , as a sale.. then you can turn the assistant back on..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can certianly ask. If you don't, eBay can't agree.

Note that you can also leave a Response to any feedback, although it is not always a good idea.

"Purchased May 21 payment clearedJune 10" for example.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It was many years ago that a buyer asked me to remove the opening of an Unpaid Item Dispute (UID) or he will not pay for the purchased item...

My response was to say.... Pay for the purchase and the UID will close..... and he paid ..... and  everything was OK.....

---------

There was also a situation where someone  wanted to buy but not pay for 10 days... My response was to buy and everything will be OK... and it was OK when this person paid..... and I shipped.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you agree to waiting for a payment, it is a good idea to turn off the unpaid item assistant before a clam is opened.   But as someone else mentioned, you should be able to stop it from closing.  If the payment doesn’t go through, you can close the claim manually.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply