CAD 1350 stuck in managed payments and eBay refuses to Pay

Anonymous
Not applicable

A buyer had placed an order on May 25th and the money was supposed to be transferred to PayPal which never happened. We never shipped the products since we never received the funds. On June 03 (after eBay disconnected PayPal), the buyer disputed and eBay took the money (CAD 1350) out of my bank account . eBay refuses to pay the amount back to me or help me with the PayPal transaction. Has anyone ever dealt with similar issues? Any help is appreciated. TIA

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The buyer paid.

The money was not received by your Paypal account.

You did not ship.

That seems reasonable.

Did you open an Unpaid Item Dispute with eBay? With Paypal?

The buyer Disputed.

EBay refunded the buyer from your bank account.

EBay refuses to help with the PP transaction.

So apparently, the buyer did pay and the money was deposited to PP somehow.

It sounds as if you still have the item.

The buyer has his refunded payment.

So you are back where you were before the transaction.

What have you lost?

Not the payment, since the transaction was incomplete.

From what you write, both you (with the product) and the customer (with the money) have been made whole.

Were your fees refunded? If you did not ship, you would be at fault and eBay would not refund your fees.

Did you get a Defect?If you did not ship, you would be at fault and eBay would give you a Strike.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

According to that listing,  the payment was already going to go into MP at the time they items were purchased.  If the listing was in PP than both the money and the refund would have been through PP.   It's possible that the money is sitting in MP waiting for you to set up your MP account.   You may have thought you were in PP but there are situations where the seller was changed over when they first started setting up MP rather than waiting until everything was set up and working. 

If you have already set it up than there must be a problem somewhere along the line.  

When the money was taken was it taken from the bank account associated with PP or was it an account associated with MP?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

From what you write, both you (with the product) and the customer (with the money) have been made whole.

The op has never had the money for the original payment deposited into their account so they are not 'whole'.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I noticed in your other post that someone else asked if you had checked the payments tab in sellers hub to see if the money was sitting on hold or..?? Have you checked that?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply