CANADA POST SCHEDULED OUTAGE SAT., OCT. 24

I like how my computer wants to autocorrect the word 'outage' to 'outrage' but that's besides the point.

Just a head's up from the Canada Post website. https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Our website, app, shipping tools and web services will be unavailable for 12 hours overnight on Saturday (Oct. 24 at 9 p.m. to Oct. 25 at 9 a.m. ET) for scheduled maintenance.

This message doesn't appear on the front page but when you go to track an item or look for a rate. No word on how this will affect paypal shipping but it's supposed to be for a 12-hour time period only. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This notation is now across the top all CPC webpages.

Please chime in if you experience service disruptions beyond that which is expected. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The CP site used to always close down for maintenance on Saturday nights and as far as I know, it has never affected third party sites. But then there are probably few of us who print labels on Saturday night or before 7 a.m. on Sunday.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I remember that too.

Although it's supposedly up-and-running, I'm experiencing the same irritating glitchy error(s) where it may or may not purchase the label but then if so forgets it has done that so I have to go back and mark it manually shipped and uploaded with tracking. I dearly wish they'd get this fixed; it's enough to have to triple-check your own work, never mind always going back to make sure paypal (or ebay and paypal) did what they were supposed to do when you did.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

... oh wait.... this is a paypal problem not one created by Canada Post. I've yet to receive the notice by email from paypal that I'm supposed to get which confirms the postage label was purchased while the one from Canada Post to say it had been shipped was almost instantly sent. Interesting. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply