Can I sell 2 items in separate listings to one person w/ single shipping cost?

Hello,

New seller here. I have 2 pairs of pants listed in separate listings. A buy contacted me today asking for a deal to buy both. I offered him a discount to buy both plus shipping, but the shipping cost was for one item. I was planning to put both pants in one polymailer when shipping. How do I process a transaction like this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@muse_and_mortar wrote:

Hello,

New seller here. I have 2 pairs of pants listed in separate listings. A buy contacted me today asking for a deal to buy both. I offered him a discount to buy both plus shipping, but the shipping cost was for one item. I was planning to put both pants in one polymailer when shipping. How do I process a transaction like this?

Thanks!

Once they commit to buy both items, they can request a revised invoice. You just would show the shipping you've agreed upon and create a combined shipment once they pay. You will need to confirm immediate payment is NOT required on your listings for this to work. The packaging is up to you. Have to do what is safe so they arrive as they were described.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes of course!

Its called combined shipping, it means you combine more than one item into one package for one shipping price, so that the buyer does not pay shipping fees for multiple items going to the same address. I believe there is a setting in
seller hub where you can choose to allow ebay to auto calculate combined shipments for buyers so that you dont have to go in and manually make changes. Just make sure you are always entering the correct weight of the items so that your parcel does not end up getting too heavy and costing you more.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It should combine automatically. If not, and if you charge for the shipping twice, refund the second shipping fee (I do that quite often). I saw sellers got negatives for not combining the purchases. Buyers hate this.  

I sold once 2 items from 2 different accounts to the same buyer, at the same time. The buyer was really suprised after he got a combined invoice . 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Or just tell them if they purchase you will refund the partial shipping fee. Don't  forget to do it of course. This saves a lot of work and protects you slightly if they want to m

ake a return.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 5 of 5
latest reply