Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Noticed we could not post on the announcement thread so. Here the announcement: 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Canada-Post-Expedited-Lite-for-Collectibles/b...

For those not knowing, eBay acquired the trading cards plateform TCGplayer (biggest competitor) for like $300 millions US a few months ago. With all the promos and now this new shipping service. It's very clear that eBay is all-in to boost the trading card market. This is very good news, we now have a shipping service with a lower cost than registered mail. This should really change the game for canadians. For both buyers and sellers. We should be done seeing people shipping with expedited and charging $20+ to ship a single card 30g envelope. 

Unfortunately while reading, this scared me: These are starting base rates. Fuel surcharges and taxes may apply. 

And i was right with my suspicions. 

Rates are shown to be $5.00-$6.00. I went to test on a recent order and shipping QC to ON label was $7.86. Once again eBay makes things looks crazy, but there's hidden costs. Canada post fuel surchage is very high and makes things be not as good as it should be. I guess shipping QC to BC should cost around $10.00. To be experienced. Still good news. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles