Canada Post Integration

Hi there
I read that Canada Post is now offering level 4 discounts to eBay sellers. Is there a way to see the discount when listing an item? It seems like you need to wait until the item is sold to see this discount. Am I wrong??
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Canada Post Integration

At the current time, ebay will display the counter price for shipping -- which is what the Buyer will see.

You as the Seller, will see the level 4 discount only if you buy the shipping label through ebay (it is not directly available from Canada Post).

eBay.ca is working on giving Sellers the option to display the ebay discounted shipping rate for Buyers to see.  Sellers will need to make sure they correctly set up details for calculated shipping to make best use of this.  Still in beta test.

screenshot from another sellerscreenshot from another seller

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Canada Post Integration

@gr8deal_z wrote:
Hi there
I read that Canada Post is now offering level 4 discounts to eBay sellers. Is there a way to see the discount when listing an item? It seems like you need to wait until the item is sold to see this discount. Am I wrong??
Thanks in advance

devon@ebay 

@gr8deal_z 

Access to the discounted CP/Fedex rates are greatly appreciated. Issue being if buyers are unaware of a possible discount option they usually go elsewhere before confirming with seller. Because the discounts vary between service a blanket discount does not work for calculated shipping. The available stand alone shipping calculator tool is only accessible to sellers.

This little upgrade would increase sales for Canadian sellers substantially!!!!

-Lotz

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post Integration

@gr8deal_z wrote:
Hi there
Thanks in advance

Unfortunately no, at least not yet. It's something we're asking for and something that US sellers have available for shipping options there.

You can put a flat discount rate in for Canada Post in your shipping preferences, which is what I do, but it's not ideal. Some places you lose money and some you still overcharge, but at least it's something and makes your listings more attractive. Inserting a flat rate discount also applies it to expedited lite unfortunately, which means you have to adjust for it in some other way (either as a handling fee or a slightly higher item price).

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post Integration

At the current time, ebay will display the counter price for shipping -- which is what the Buyer will see.

You as the Seller, will see the level 4 discount only if you buy the shipping label through ebay (it is not directly available from Canada Post).

eBay.ca is working on giving Sellers the option to display the ebay discounted shipping rate for Buyers to see.  Sellers will need to make sure they correctly set up details for calculated shipping to make best use of this.  Still in beta test.

screenshot from another sellerscreenshot from another seller

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post Integration

Good to know it's coming. Thanks for the update!!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post Integration

Yesterday, I shipped my first International Tracked Packet to Australia since the recent rate changes, and what started out at $58.61 volumetric, actually shipped for $41.13. By comparison, about 18 months ago, an almost identical size/weight tracked packet to AU cost me over $66.00.

So even our basic SFSB card swipe at the counter is now delivering discounts that are both real...and substantial.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post Integration

@doc_scribe wrote:

Yesterday, I shipped my first International Tracked Packet to Australia since the recent rate changes, and what started out at $58.61 volumetric, actually shipped for $41.13. By comparison, about 18 months ago, an almost identical size/weight tracked packet to AU cost me over $66.00.

So even our basic SFSB card swipe at the counter is now delivering discounts that are both real...and substantial.

@doc_scribe 

Works great on light tracked packages. I had 1 to Belgium. Counter 43.20. Discount 19 and change.

You do have to copy and paste the VAT info because it does not seem to port to the address & shipping  label like it does with Shippo.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post Integration

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@doc_scribe wrote:

@doc_scribe 

Works great on light tracked packages. I had 1 to Belgium. Counter 43.20. Discount 19 and change.

You do have to copy and paste the VAT info because it does not seem to port to the address & shipping  label like it does with Shippo.

-Lotz

Ha! Thanks for the twin-purpose response @lotzofuniquegoodies . I was about to ask a follow-up question on the board about dupe tax charges resulting in unclaimed international packages. But it sounds like that particular data housekeeping issue remains unresolved, especially regarding shipments to the EU.

However, better International tracked shipping rates are giving me second thoughts about opening up some overseas markets. I would even consider unblocking all 27 EU countries if a simple copy/paste of IOSS info into the customs form would consistently be accepted and not result in dupe VAT plus unclaimed [maybe] returns.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post Integration

@doc_scribe 

How about a cross post interweaved discussion post question? For anyone trying to play along. 

For international shipments with the new Level 4 discount I am refunding where/when applicable. Issue being I refund after shipping to confirm the postage. Because VAT is based on the total price including Shipping the VAT doesn't get reduced. You would have to do the refund prior to shipping to make it possibly work.(To update the packing slip accurately). Why it is EXTREMELY important sellers can show the discounted postage PRIOR to paying so buyer can pay the applicable actual VAT. As far as I know you can only credit for the item or shipping. (Not both). You could say VAT is non-negotiable, after the fact.

Using eBay labels the ONLY place you can add VAT details for customs that has been paid is the note section at the bottom of the page prior to creating a label.

-Lotz

PS. How have none of the recently discovered issues/concerns connected to eBay Labels been noticed in all the time it has been up and running???? Would the term gobsmacked be fitting?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply