Canada Post Label Correction

When I checked the tracking for an item destined for the U.S., I saw that at the Winnipeg processing depot, a "label correction was applied".  It was then forwarded on to Mississauga.  It was a PayPal label.

Does anyone know what that means?  I wondered if I hadn't applied the correct postage, but I'm very careful in that respect.  And, if that's what it was, I don't see an additional charge on my PayPal account.  In fact, ever since Canada Post stated that they would be charging sellers for insufficient postage, I wondered how they would know which account paid for it.  But then again, it could be for a different reason altogether.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@jt-libra wrote:

..., ever since Canada Post stated that they would be charging sellers for insufficient postage, I wondered how they would know which account paid for it. ...

If it's tracked, then Canada Post knows where to go for the extra money.  What's supposedly in place now is the ability to process the extra$ through paypal.

I think Label Correction could be a variety of things. Perhaps a damaged label or something else. I had a label correction last year -- the postal clerk mistyped the first letter of the postal code as "N" instead of "H" (and I didn't catch the mistake), so it got a label correction when it was seen by real eyes during it's sidetrip. One of the few times I did over-the-counter last year *sigh* -- but still arrived on time.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've had tracking show that Label Correction applied a few times over the years and I asked at the counter and the 1-800-number what it meant and I was unable to get an straight answer. I suspect the postal counter agents may be entering incorrect data when they accept it for the acceptance scan. My labels were fine and I doublecheck weight and dimensions after packing. It didn't delay delivery at all. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It didn't delay delivery at all. 

Which is the important point.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply