Canadian Seller registered on .com. Can I select CAD for managed payment list on .ca?

I registed on ebay.com before .ca even existed. 

Does that mean that by default my default currency for managed payments is USD?

If I want to select CAD as my currency for managed payments does that mean that I need to create a new account or is there a way to switch things up?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Canadian Seller registered on .com. Can I select CAD for managed payment list on .ca?

Your profile shows your location as Canada and from your post it seems you are a permanent resident of Canada (and probably a citizen).

This means you MUST sign up for Managed Payments via eBay.ca, when you sign up you have a choice of US or CA Dollars, it's a one shot deal, there is no switching (other than openeing a new account).

If you primarily sell on .ca then you should sign up for CAD, if you almost always list on .com USD might be a better choice.

If you try to sign up for Managed Payments on .com it will fail unless you have a US SSN and once it fails you may find your account suspended or at least your payouts will be locked, there is almost no coming back from that beyond starting a new account.

My account is also a very old one that was created before .ca existed, as long as you enter the correct info when signing up for MP the process is smooth.

Most of the people who have had trouble are those Canadians which pretend they are actually a US resident, their application on .com will fail and you can't sign up on .ca because it's for Canadian residents only.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes, located in Canada and a permanent resident and citizen. 

I determined that my payment currency has already been set to Canadian dollars although I don't ever remember being given an option. I previously listed almost exclusively on .com but that was a long time ago. 

What through me for a loop was having to add my bank account on the .com site and not the .ca site.

Thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply