Canadian selling on eBay.com under listed items shipping states may not ship to Canada why?

How do I change listing to read ship to Canada and US?

Have spent forever with two live helpful agents trying to change shipping policy to include Canada to no avail ....agents conclusion must use eBay.ca not eBay.com if want to ship to Canada.

Today had buyer from Canada try to buy an item and her B C Canadian address not accepted reroutes her to some US state.

I have only ever used flat rate shipping as have read back as far as 2021 advice.  

Is there a simple answer to have Canada and US show on listings?

Is there a simple answer?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Canadian selling on eBay.com under listed items shipping states may not ship to Canada why?

The simple solution is to list the shipping to Canada a similar way that you did on the 8 items did that have shipping to Canada.   If you click on view listings under your name on this forum you will see your listings on .ca that have a shipping cost to Canada.  Those listings are also showing on .com but your other listings  say 'shipping not specified' to Canada as those listings specify that they ship only to the US.  

When you are listing on .com you need to figure out a shipping cost to Canada as you can't use calculated shipping so you have to use a flat rate. That can be difficult as  rates vary to different areas of Canada. I'm in Alberta as well and as most of my items sold to Canadians go to Ontario or Quebec,  I pick a location that isn't a major center in Ontario or Quebec, figure out what it will cost to ship there and price accordingly.  It's not going to be accurate but unless you are shipping with a US service, you can't use calculated shipping. 

The most accurate way of course is to list on .ca and use calculated shipping. 

You mentioned shipping policies and as I don't use them I can't give you particular instructions on what to do with them but you should be able to basically follow what you have done on the listings that do have Canada shipping set up.    If you are not using shipping policies, you would make the change right on your listing page.

You should also experiment with the service on the listing form that you are going to choose and with the one that the time works out best.  I noticed on a couple of your listings that for shipping to Canada your listing says that you use usps Priority flat rate box. Obviously you are not using that in reality so you need to choose either standard, economy or expedited  international shipping. Look at the estimated delivery time of each of those options and decide what works best for you. Economy seems a little long within Canada so you might use one of the other two options.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The simple solution is to list the shipping to Canada a similar way that you did on the 8 items did that have shipping to Canada.   If you click on view listings under your name on this forum you will see your listings on .ca that have a shipping cost to Canada.  Those listings are also showing on .com but your other listings  say 'shipping not specified' to Canada as those listings specify that they ship only to the US.  

When you are listing on .com you need to figure out a shipping cost to Canada as you can't use calculated shipping so you have to use a flat rate. That can be difficult as  rates vary to different areas of Canada. I'm in Alberta as well and as most of my items sold to Canadians go to Ontario or Quebec,  I pick a location that isn't a major center in Ontario or Quebec, figure out what it will cost to ship there and price accordingly.  It's not going to be accurate but unless you are shipping with a US service, you can't use calculated shipping. 

The most accurate way of course is to list on .ca and use calculated shipping. 

You mentioned shipping policies and as I don't use them I can't give you particular instructions on what to do with them but you should be able to basically follow what you have done on the listings that do have Canada shipping set up.    If you are not using shipping policies, you would make the change right on your listing page.

You should also experiment with the service on the listing form that you are going to choose and with the one that the time works out best.  I noticed on a couple of your listings that for shipping to Canada your listing says that you use usps Priority flat rate box. Obviously you are not using that in reality so you need to choose either standard, economy or expedited  international shipping. Look at the estimated delivery time of each of those options and decide what works best for you. Economy seems a little long within Canada so you might use one of the other two options.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ottawa postal code K1A 0A6.

Gander NL airport A1V 1W8

Tofino BC V0R 2Z0

And you do have a Snap Ship account and a Solutions for Small Business account from Canada Post too, right?

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page?

Those give you the Expedited and discounted business rates.

for the Sell Your Item form

Go to-> Shipping

Go to-> International Shipping

Go to->Flat Rate

Go to-> Add Service

Go to-> Ships to

Go to-> Destination

Go to-> Canada

Since I normally have Free Shipping to Canada and the USA (the actual cost of shipping is buried in my asking price) I then enter $0.00, but you could enter whatever feels appropriate.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The ebay shipping labels right now are quite a bit cheaper than what it would be on Snapship with my small business discount.

@namron8mont 

Below is the url for the ebay.ca shipping calculator. You can look at the ebay rates and at the regular Canada Post rates.  Note that the Tracked Packet USA rate may go up at the end of the month as there is a promotion on right now.

Based on other posts that I've read the calculator is missing some options.

https://www.ebay.ca/shp/Calculator

Message 4 of 4
latest reply