Cancelling an order

tyler@ebay 

I recently had a customer purchase an item with best offer with no follow up payment. Waited the few days(4) I believe and accidentally cancelled using buyers request. Once that is done, it's done. Maybe better choice would due to address. Because the buyer is located in Europe it stated I would have to wait 10 days for buyer to respond before case could be closed. In checking now, it says closed but in case info it says pending. In credits it shows nada, zip, nothing.  There is a link to take action but that does not do a thing. So still on the hook for these phantom fees(from over 2 weeks ago) even though NO payment was ever received.

As a heads up, if you have cancelled transaction requests, always best to monitor and confirm they have truly been cancelled and refunded. Have double checked email sources and no confirmation yay or nay to be found anywhere.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Cancelling an order

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - in cancellations where we are not able to confirm payment was made we ask the buyer to confirm if they either have received a refund or never paid. If they haven't responded after 10 days the credit is issued. If we aren't able to close it you would receive another message indicating so and you'd want to contact CS at that point. 

Depending on the exact buyer's location you shouldn't need to take further action (if they purchased from eBay Ireland you would need to go through and close the cancellation, but that's the exception to the rule). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Cancelling an order

tyler@ebay 

No credit showing. There was no follow up communication from the buyer. In seller hub charges it says to to check using item number. It states either item is too old/nothing found. Original fees go back to the sell date. It should be closed automatically after those 10 days with the free relist. Only issue is it was a multiple unit listing so believe the quantity would require updating manually. No auto relist. As a by the way waiting on hold indefinitely is not 1 of my favourite joys in life.

In the past for  some refunds/credits(generated in PayPal) we could, as an option check within or directly to PayPal with barely anything as far as it goes for a wait time. Not sure how easy this will be with a bank or even if they would have access to that kind of info.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Cancelling an order

Sorry @lotzofuniquegoodies - maybe I'm confused, have the 10 days already passed? Your OP makes it sound like this happened very recently. You shouldn't expect to see a credit until the buyer confirms they have received a refund or states they never paid, or the 10 days have passed and the cancellation is completed. 

If you received an email saying that it couldn't complete you should contact CS so they can help out.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply