Charging Canadian Tax

I have completed the various tax rates by province and indicated on my preferences "Yes" to charging sales tax but eBay has yet to collect tax on any of my sales.  What am I not doing right? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Charging Canadian Tax

If you are GST/HST registered, you can collect taxes from your Canadian buyers for taxable transactions.

eBay does not collect the tax.  You - the GST/HST registered seller - does and then remit to CRA.

For information how to set up a tax table: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/checkout-tax-table.html

Looking at your listings, I did not notice a comment from you that tax would be payable by Canadian buyers.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Charging Canadian Tax

You are registered to collect tax? The listings that I checked do have tax rates set up but they are not all correct.  In non hst provinces you should only be charging gst,  The information is available under the shipping tab but it is a good idea to mention it in the description are as well.

I did a test on one of your items and I would have had to pay gst in Alberta.  Is it possible that you are just not noticing the tax on the invoices?

Item (1)C $5.99
ShippingC $3.50
Sales taxC $0.47
Order totalC $9.96

Message 3 of 3
latest reply