ChitChats tracking glitch

I got 2 defects for invalid tracking. It seems ChitChats "forgot" to transfer appropriate info to Ebay. Both tracking work while checking on ChitChats / USPS website - on Ebay, still shows pending, which is equal to invalid, which is equal to a defect. Check your tracking to avoid trouble.   

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

byto253
Community Member

Was the eBay tracking information the Chitchats tracking number or the USPS number?  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

ChitChats tracking - it uploads automatically. For all other items it worked fine. For two didn't work.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the info.  I have mainly been manually putting in the USPS tracking number that I get from the Chitchats info but for the last couple I have gone with the auto uploaded  chitchats number.  I am not a heavy chitchats user so based on your experience, I think I will continue with the USPS number instead of chitchats.  

If I recall correctly, I have also added the USPS tracking number as a 2nd tracking number.   Kinda defeats the auto upload feature but racking up defects is not good.   

I wonder if you could appeal the defect by providing/uploading the USPS tracking number at this time to supplement the chitchats number?

Thanks for the heads up. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Probably I can successfully appeal. For now, there is still no need, because I am at 98.5%, so they will probably not accumulate quickly enought to make any damage.  But I opened a ticket at ChitChats. 

However, if it happens again, I will start to upload USPS tracking manually - like I did in the past. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You should probably appeal anyway while the tracking numbers can still be reviewed by someone. Better to take care of the problem now rather than wish you had later when it may be too late.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ebay counts tracking defects only for the last 90 days. I see I get 1 broken tracking a month. We are allowed to have 5% of broken tracking during that period, so I am still safe for now. But I contacted ChitChats and waiting for their answer (apparently, they don't work during weekends). Definitely, I will contact Ebay if the situation doesn't improve. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

I wonder if you could appeal the defect by providing/uploading the USPS tracking number at this time to supplement the chitchats number?

Well, I added a week later USPS tracking as well. And now imagine - nothing changed, but I got an additional defect for "tracking not uploaded on time". ....  😅

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

You should consider not using the Chit Chats tracking code. Instead, use the USPS tracking code. Because Chit Chats automatically fulfills your order with the Chit Chats tracking code, you will have to disable auto-fulfill. When you create a Chit Chats order, you will have to manually copy and paste the USPS tracking code over to the eBay order. 

Here is how you do that:

On Chit Chats website, click the Settings option on the left-bottom side of the screen.

Then click 'Sales Channels'.

On the bottom right side, you will see a drop down box with the title:

"Select your option for shipment fulfillment:

Fulfill shipments imported from stores"

Click the drop down, and select 'Never'.

Then when you create a new shipment, it will not import the tracking. That allows you to copy the USPS tracking code to eBay instead of the internal Chit Chats one.

Chit Chats used to fulfill orders using the USPS tracking code. A few months ago, they changed it to their own internal one. I am not sure why. I have never had issues with the USPS tracking so I continued to use that.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Do you have US trs status? The tracking and uploaded time metric doesn't affect you unless are a US trs.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

A good advice! Thank you for the detailed explanation, how to do! 😉

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Do you have US trs status? The tracking and uploaded time metric doesn't affect you unless are a US trs.  

Yes, I am Top Rated Plus, with the blue ribbon .... 

Image2.jpg

Message 12 of 12
latest reply