Commit to buy option not available anymore on eBay.CA

Well... eBay did it... they removed the option to "Commit to buy" on eBay.CA too. I just tried to do it with my buyer account and was forced to use the cart. That is so frustrating!! No wonder why I didn't make any multiple sales when I listed my new items during the promo. Just items sold one at a time. I HATE what eBay is doing to this website!!

As a seller, I will certainly loose all the potential multiple sales orders that I used to have. And as a buyer, I cannot even commit to buy and bid on auctions from the same seller at the same time. Might as well stop buying here.... 😞

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Please ignore my message... I jumped too fast to this conclusion, but there were other factors in place that I just learned about, like the fact that seller was asking for Immediate Payment. I tried to delete my post, but it seems I cannot do that... I apologize if my message scarred some of you.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi -- I'm not sure about this.  I just tried one of your items (I took the risk of hitting the "BIN" button), and was taken to the usual "Commit to Buy" screen. 

I think this depends what site you're buying on and what the sellers are specifying.  You may be running into sellers on .ca who have items set up with Immediate Payment Required (IPR).  With IPR, you'll be taken directly to a screen that leads to checkout.  

On the other hand however, on .com apparently IPR is the rule now.  Today at the Wed. board hour Raphael mentioned that on the .com site, all items under $100 are now IPR.  Were you buying on the .com site?  If so, this may be what you were encountering.  

You're right that this does make it a lot less convenient to make mixed purchases of BIN and auction items.  It used to be you could use BIN/Commit to Buy to make the regular purchases, then wait for the auction(s) you were bidding on to end before paying.  At least on .com, for items under $100, that's no longer possible. 

I imagine eBay.com is trying to reduce UIDs/non-payers, but it will have the effect of discouraging mixed auction/BIN multiple purchases, as you say.  In my view, things are continuing to evolve on eBay in the direction of assisting the biggest commercial retailers in automating and streamlining their selling.  I doubt many of them offer auctions. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply