Condition related Multi-SKU variants are being removed in particular categories

tyler@ebay 

To reduce buyer confusion and create a more consistent shopping experience across Item Conditions, condition-and grade-related variants (e.g., “very good,” “good,” “Grade A,” “Grade B”) as custom multi-SKU variant options will be removed in the listing experience for the below categories. This change will occur on May 9, 2022 and it will be permanent.

• Portable Audio & Headphones(ID:15052)

• Headphones(ID:112529)

• Audio Docks & Mini Speakers(ID:111694)

• Portable Stereos & Boomboxes(ID:48626)

• Home Audio(ID:184973)

• Video Game Consoles(ID:139971)

• Home Surveillance(ID:48633)

• Smart Speakers, Hubs & Accessories(ID:185034)

• Vacuum Cleaners(ID:20614)

• Small Kitchen Appliances(ID:20667)

• Camera Drones(ID:179697)

• Digital Cameras(ID:31388)

• Camcorders(ID:11724)

• Lenses & Filters(ID:78997)

• Outdoor Power Equipment(ID:29518)

• Air Tools & Air Compressors(ID:85759)

• Power Tool & Air Tool Accessories(ID:260176)

To ensure a smooth transition on May 9th, we encourage you to remove conditions and grades as variants in your listings starting today, and to update your item descriptions to accurately describe the product condition.

For any listings with condition or grade related Multi-SKU variants within these categories, you will need to create new listings for each variation by May 9, 2022. After this date any listings still containing condition or grade related Multi-Sku variants will be ended.

If you use a third-party tool to manage your listings on eBay, we recommend you work with your third-party partner to update your existing listings or to create new ones before the dates above based on category. If you use eBay listing tools, we recommend the following approach:

1. 1.

Create a new listing for each condition variation (Grade A, Grade B, etc.) in the Used item condition.

2. 2.

Identify the condition variation in your listing title and item description. Examples of a strong title:

1. a.

“Dell Desktop 16GB RAM 512GB SSD 3.3GHZ Intel QuadCore Integrated Graphics Windows 10 Grade A”

Pro tip: Use Promoted Listings to boost your newly created listings in search

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Selling Team

This is what I received to my Gmail. Still nothing available in eBay mail. 

The following tool will identify listings. In my case it 18 listings but totally unsure if anything is an actual issue or if it can be safely "tampered" with. (Tool was not attached to the email)

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/VariationScanner.htm

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

tyler@ebay 

Do you have any followup regarding Variation listings requirements. It mentions Grading. The listings tool(included in above email) has flagged (18) , under condition  code showing is 1000, 1500 & 2500. I have not used Grading in my listings due to the fact I am NOT a professional grader. Clarification/instructions please. Are we now expected to include a Grading for any listings with Variations? Grading is entirely subjective.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I'm still trying to get more detail on this, sorry, and thanks for your patience. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I have th following lisitng, does it comport with your latest requirements:

NHT 1.5 Speakers Cherrywood Finish Matched Pair Excellent Made/USA L.A,CA p/u

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I'm still trying to get more detail on this, sorry, and thanks for your patience. 🙂

Hi Tyler,

I realize you are currently in the midst of a transition but did you have update? Other sellers may be having a similar problem.

@fastcat001 

Thanks,

-Lotz

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

jasmen@ebay 

Is there any followup on the above? The rollout for this change is coming up soon.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hey there @lotzofuniquegoodies no follow up as of yet, as soon as we hear something we'll keep you posted! 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Hello everyone! I come bearing the response we received regarding this email:

This email is related to the category expansion of the ebay refurbished program and is not related to condition grading. As part of this program, we are eliminating the ability to have condition or item grade “A, B, C” as a variation on MSKU listings. Sellers will need to create a separate listing for different grades.

More details:

1. As part of the Seller Refurbished program, we are asking sellers to reclassify their existing inventory to one of the 3 new conditions: excellent, very good & good.
  2. Some of the sellers are using condition as a variation on their MSKU listings. We are asking these sellers to split their MSKU listings and have just 1 listing per condition (so we can map it to the new conditions mentioned above). 
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

When I first received the email (April 1) from ebay there were links to a variation tool. In testing my listings in found 18. Under the condition it notes 1000, 1500 and 2500. Unsure what the codes connect to. Should I disregard if condition was never a option? In testing now the same 18 display. 

-Lotz

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

velvet@ebay 

When I first received the email (April 1) from ebay there were links to a variation tool. In testing my listings in found 18. Under the condition it notes 1000, 1500 and 2500. Unsure what the codes connect to. Should I disregard if condition was never a option? In testing now the same 18 display. 

-Lotz

Let me see what I can find out @lotzofuniquegoodies!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

-Lotz

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies! The team has come back with a few questions. They're not familiar with the link you included. I also don't see that we provided it to you in the email we sent early April. Would you let us know where you were provided that link? 

They also aren't sure what your specific question is. Would you be able to possibly rephrase it? They want to help, they just aren't sure exactly what the problem is so they can best address or speak to it. Thanks!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

-Lotz

They came back with a link to a page that describes what those codes mean @lotzofuniquegoodies. I'll provide it here and if you have addtional questions, please see my earlier post as they'll need more details. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

velvet@ebay 

-Lotz

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies! The team has come back with a few questions. They're not familiar with the link you included. I also don't see that we provided it to you in the email we sent early April. Would you let us know where you were provided that link? 

They also aren't sure what your specific question is. Would you be able to possibly rephrase it? They want to help, they just aren't sure exactly what the problem is so they can best address or speak to it. Thanks!

G'morning velvet@ebay , jasmen@ebay 

I received a reminder email this morning( duplicate of previous). See attached.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 083056.jpg

The tool(mentioned in my original email) was probably located somewhere on the dot com board or in google from someone else having the same concerns.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Variations-amp-combinations/m-p/32875741#M...

As noted previously NONE of my variation listings use Grade A/B/C as a condition. When I used the tool it clarified that I had 18 listings using variations and those codes which to the average user would be completely meaningless. I am just wondering how to proceed or if suddenly May 9 2022, those 18 listings will be purged from the system. 

I would be under the impression that if eBay is sending out an email of this nature that this planned release would have also included a general announcement. That I have never been able to find. 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

velvet@ebay 

-Lotz

The tool(mentioned in my original email) was probably located somewhere on the dot com board or in google from someone else having the same concerns.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Variations-amp-combinations/m-p/32875741#M...

As noted previously NONE of my variation listings use Grade A/B/C as a condition. When I used the tool it clarified that I had 18 listings using variations and those codes which to the average user would be completely meaningless. I am just wondering how to proceed or if suddenly May 9 2022, those 18 listings will be purged from the system. 

I would be under the impression that if eBay is sending out an email of this nature that this planned release would have also included a general announcement. That I have never been able to find. 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thanks for letting us know that link was found outside of eBay. 

As for the Grade A, B, C concern, this update affects that, condition, and MSKU (multi-sku) listings in the stated categories. There will be three new condition options to choose from: excellent, very good & good.

Some sellers are using condition as a variation on their MSKU listings, so those sellers are being asked to split their MSKU listings and have just 1 listing per condition. If you got this email and you don't use grades or have multi-variation listings that were using conditions as a variation, then that means you need to update the condition for those listings to one of the three new options: excellent, very good, or good. 

I believe the email they sent was meant to be the announcement. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

velvet@ebay 

-Lotz

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thanks for letting us know that link was found outside of eBay. 

As for the Grade A, B, C concern, this update affects that, condition, and MSKU (multi-sku) listings in the stated categories. There will be three new condition options to choose from: excellent, very good & good.

Some sellers are using condition as a variation on their MSKU listings, so those sellers are being asked to split their MSKU listings and have just 1 listing per condition. If you got this email and you don't use grades or have multi-variation listings that were using conditions as a variation, then that means you need to update the condition for those listings to one of the three new options: excellent, very good, or good. 

I believe the email they sent was meant to be the announcement. 

In checking the 18 listings it has auto-populated according to what was originally chosen. The  3 conditions you mentioned do not show up in ANY of those current listings. Condition choices seem to vary depending on the category. Fortunately I only have 18 listings. This would be MAJOR work for anyone that routinely uses variations. From several dot ca sellers the categories that allow variations vary substantially to what is available on dot com.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 15 of 15
latest reply