Counter offer wait time

Had a lowball offer on a listing.  When I went to counter, the location showed as Arizona, so I calculated shipping using the zip and state which showed.  Now it appears the buyer is in Alberta (I looked at her feedback).  Do I still have to wait 48 hours for her to answer my counter offer?  I want to make changes to the listing.  I feel she misrepresented her location.  Now when I look at offer history, it shows her in Canada.  How can she show Arizona and Alberta at the same time.  The offer is so low, I'm sure she has no intentions of accepting my counter offer.  I've learned my lesson.  No more "best offer" for me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Counter offer wait time

Perhaps her registration address is in Alberta but her shipping address is in Arizona? (I don't know for sure, just guessing.)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Counter offer wait time

Snowbird?

Yes, I know it's July but I was in the bank today and the teller was offering another customer a US bank account (RBCBank) which is a Royal Bank subsidiary,federally registered and in US dollars.

In any case, shipping is NOT part of a Best Offer.

If you have Calculated Shipping, she should see the shipping to AZ or AB. Neither is affected by her offer.

If she said her offer was with Free Shipping, just use Contact Member to send an up date letting her know that your counter offer does not include the advertised shipping, since eBay does not allow that to be part of any Offer.

And if the lowballer objects, stop communicating and Block her.

It won't get better.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Counter offer wait time

You can 'retract' a Best Offer if you need to retract it. I forget the steps but it's there somewhere on the Best Offer flow. Basically, it rescinds the counteroffer and outright rejects the initial offer. 

If your item had Free Shipping for Canada included in the Best Offer price, I can understand your consternation.

This happened to me once: buyer with American address made Best Offer. It was low but since Free Domestic Shipping inherit to the listing did not apply in her case, I could accept it. I sent her an invoice at which point she changed her address and paid via paypal for Local Pickup and expected it to be shipped via Canada Post for free.

I had to explain it didn't work that way, the buyer was annoyed and requested a Cancel Order which she got. I relisted the item but lost 10 watchers on it. Plus insertion fees. As is the case always. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply