Create an e-Bay invoice

How do I create an invoice on e-Bay for my e-Bay store?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Create an e-Bay invoice

You don't have to.

EBay has been doing it for you all along.

If you are told to send the customer an invoice, which happens with accepted Best Offers sometimes, there is a button to click on that notice and eBay does it for you.

Note that customers have 96 hours to pay. If you send another invoice, beyond the standard eBay invoice, the 96 hours starts there. And if you are impatient and send another 48 hours later, the clock resets and the customer has another 96 hours.

So if the real problem is a slow paying customer, especially a incommunitive one, just open the Unpaid Item Dispute after 96 hours and one minute.

It will close the transaction automatically, the deadbeat gets a Strike, you get any fees back (except auction reserves) and they cannot leave feedback.

Not every sale will go perfectly.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Create an e-Bay invoice

BTW- I notice you seem to have been away from selling for over a year.

Do you have a Managed Payments account set up? Because sellers are no longer allowed to use Paypal since eBay and PP parted ways some years ago.

The new in-house service requires your checking account information and secondary government issued ID.

Many sellers set up specific accounts unrelated to their personal accounts just for online selling.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply