Dashboard Showing "tracking not uploaded at all" for sale to an American? Is this new?

Hi, just checked my dashboard under USA region and it shows an item sold to an American buyer as "tracking not uploaded at all" with a nice big orange dot.  I sold a couple of things around this time and just gave the tracking number directly to the buyer in both cases, one to a Candidan and one to an American. But under 'Global region' there is no "tracking not uploaded" to the Canadian buyers' sale, or any other for that matter.

I cant ever remember seeing 'tracking not uploaded' for a regular sale before , unless its one of those times I forgot to put tracking in and  item not received case was currently open before being resolved.

Also I thought Canadians didn't have to upload tracking for every sale.

By the way, I have a US 'Ship from' address that I belive was currently selected when I made that sale. Could that be the reason, as in ebay treats it as  a sale from one American to another?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Dashboard Showing "tracking not uploaded at all" for sale to an American? Is this new?

No one has to use tracking for any sale. Never.

Americans have very cheap tracking - as little as 25c purchased online- which is not true of the rest of the world.

One result is that eBay USA insists on tracking as a metric for the Top Rated Seller program.

On dotCA there are notices on the All Orders List that tracking should be included "Add Tracking Number" and "Mark As Shipped/Not Shipped", so we can inform eBay that we have shipped with or without a shipping label (I use stamps instead).

Tracking is a Seller Protection against unwarranted claims of Non-Delivery.

It would be more important to me as a seller that my buyer is not notified that I did not avail myself of that Seller Protection.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply