Defect Removal & Buyer Revised Feedback

When the defect system was announced, it stated that if a buyer changed a negative to a positive, there would still be a defect. But if ebay made that revision, there would be no defect.

They recently changed that so now when a buyer changes a negative to a positive, the defect will be removed. Hopefully the same applies to neutrals.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/defect-removal.html

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I love this "defect" subject... 

Not for everyone to understand.

On Dec 2, 2014 shipped small package to the buyer from Japan who has chosen the SURFACE delivery.

Have sent him a note through messages indicating the delivery time as 6-7 weeks if everything is without unexpected interruption.

30 days later he posted on eBay's system "Where is my item?"

I sent him very nice letter explaining that his expectation for so fast delivery is unrealistic and another two weeks should resolve situation...  He answered that he will wait a while longer.

All seemed right to me, but the defect was added to my account. 

Called eBay and questioned the validity of this defect considering buyer's willingness to wait longer.

Was told as long as buyer writes that the item is received they will remove the defect.

And today I got the positive feedback from this buyer "received the item,thanks"

Called eBay, waited for over 40 minutes...  they read this feedback and said that this is not sufficient for defect's removal because the buyer could make the error and entered this feedback to wrong seller... 

They took so seriously buyer's question "Where is my item?"  but the feedback with accurate declaration of the receipt is not good enough.

They recommend I write to buyer asking to confirm through eBay messages the receipt of the item.

Very long one way street.. with a lot of potholes...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

the buyer from Japan who has chosen the SURFACE delivery

They chose it because you offered it! Using surface mail is rarely going to work out well.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

But without the SURFACE option I may not sell the item at all knowing how high AIRMAIL postal rates are.

And I am not selling life saving medicine - my items are not of urgent need and often they are quite heavy.

For survival I have to continue with both options of shipping... 

Unfortunately eBay puts the blame sooner than it should be - their computer should know better about the realistic delivery time according to buyer's choice of shipping and to act accordingly 

The buyer from Japan should not be allowed to mark "item not received" so soon... 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply