Defect removal?

Hey all you beautiful, magnificent sellers,

I thought I caught wind a few months back that defects would be removed as of Feb 20 as part of eBay's new "makeover", however I haven't noticed this to be true. I'm not too worried about it but just wondering whatever happened to that, or did I hear wrong?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Defect removal?

The new Seller Standards were supposed to remove defects for certain things only -- like Items Not as Described, Shipping Time as Rated by DSRs or Negative feedback -- but not defects for Orders Cancelled or Cases Closed Without Seller Resolution. 

What are you seeing that you expected to be gone right now?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

I just have the one negative that was recently left for me because I had to cancel an order and refund the buyer due to an error in the listing. Makes sense then why it hasn't been removed.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

As 'mj' mentioned, not all defects will be removed, only those that accrued prior to Feb. 20th which would not have created a defect under the new rules (for example, things like neutral/negative FB).  If, on the other hand, the defect was related to an unresolved case, or seller-cancelled transaction, then it will stay.  

If I recall correctly, the retroactive period for this "clean-up" was to begin from the point where eBay began collecting data on the new on-time metrics, which I believe was August or September, 2015 (i.e. not the whole year).  

If you're expecting some defects to be removed, I'd give it another couple of weeks before you follow up with CS about it.  Although it was supposed to have taken effect Feb. 20th, I can't imagine eBay's programming being able to update all umpteen million sellers on the same day.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

Regardless of what the negative was for, it wouldn't have been removed.  The difference is that now negatives and neutrals do not count as defects.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

f I recall correctly, the retroactive period for this "clean-up" was to begin from the point where eBay began collecting data on the new on-time metrics, which I believe was August or September, 2015 (i.e. not the whole year).  

Any seller cancelled transaction defects or case closed without seller resolution defects within the last year count. Shipping time goes back to September when they started asking the shipping time question.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

So to make sure I am getting this right, I have one defect (seller-cancelled) and as a result of that defect I received one negative feedback. So under these new rules the negative feedback will remain but the defect I received should get cleared up?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

The negative will always be visible but it won't 'count' for anything as far as eBay is concerned but the defect for cancelling that order will remain.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

As mj mentioned, the defect  is for the cancelled transaction, not the negative so the defect will remain.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If I recall correctly, the retroactive period for this "clean-up" was to begin from the point where eBay began collecting data on the new on-time metrics, which I believe was August or September, 2015 (i.e. not the whole year).  

Any seller cancelled transaction defects or case closed without seller resolution defects within the last year count. Shipping time goes back to September when they started asking the shipping time question.

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Defect removal?

RE: " I can't imagine eBay's programming being able to update all umpteen million sellers on the same day. " Sorry but why?

I have virtually "slim to none and slim left town" IT experience, I have @30,000 items on my data base ( I know not even close to the amount that ebay has) just me no IT dept, no warehouse of servers. If I want add, delete, replace any text, # or anything on the whole data base at same time I basically tell it through a drop box what I want to do and it's done in less time than it takes to leave my desk and walk out of the room. If I want to make changes on 2 items, bring them up do it. I'm not even using 2% of the capacity of my data base. Again I"m IT illiterate but just saying, if I can figure it out very small scale, believe me if there's a will there's away. I don't think there is too much a "will" on ebays end these days. Look at the weekly discussion board, go back to the first Wed. in Jan see what ebay is "working" on then go to last weeks, Ie Safari browser issues, how come I've figured out a few work arounds, I'm just saying

Message 11 of 11
latest reply