EBAY FEES PAID BUT IT STILL SHOWS AS OWING? ANOTHER GLITCH?

OK fellow sellers, anyone else had this happen lately?  Paid seller fees though Paypal.  The funds went out to ebay.  I received the usual ebay email thanking me for my payment.  The problem is on ebay's website it still shows as owing.  What the heck is happening to this company.  When they can't even TAKE our money without messing things up you have to wonder!

Tyler any advice.   I guess I have to call ebay and pay long distance charges just for the privledge of spending more money/time to fix something broken by ebay.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I just checked it again before phoning ebay and it has now corrected itself and is showing the correct amount. Glad it resolved itself quickly. Still this has never happened before in all my years on ebay and I do wonder what caused it. Relieved it fixed itself however!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

“ I guess I have to call ebay and pay long distance charges just for the privledge of spending more money/time to fix something broken by ebay.”

There’s a toll-free 1-800-number for calling eBay; long-distance charges do not apply.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Actually the last time I phoned ebay the number given on the website was not toll free. I was surprised that it no longer was. Maybe it changed since you last called?
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

No, it hasn’t changed. What number did you call?
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Can't remember as it was awhile back. When I dialed the number I got a recorded message along the lines of "The number you have dialed is a long distance number. Please hang up and enter a 1 before dialing again" or something to that effect. Didn't write down the number and can't remember it.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Anyway I will find out when I get my next phone bill. LOL.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @forester_studios - there's always the potential for a delay in updating, particularly in the first 10 minutes after you submit a payment for processing. If you see something like this happen in the future I'd always give it a bit (especially if you receive the confirmation of payment from eBay and see the payment completed in PayPal). 

Our number should still be toll-free, but barring that our social media team does great work on Facebook, and that doesn't cost anything at all. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler - Thanks for responding promptly.  I've been on ebay since 2006 and this never happened before.  It's always updated pretty much instantaneously.

As far as the phone number goes, I will let you know if any costs are added to my next bill.  Thanks again!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

On which eBay did the problematic transaction take place? If, for example, the problem was with a listing in the UK, you might have to call eBay.co.uk to deal with it but I’m not sure that’s a not-toll-free call.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:
Can't remember as it was awhile back. When I dialed the number I got a recorded message along the lines of "The number you have dialed is a long distance number. Please hang up and enter a 1 before dialing again" or something to that effect. Didn't write down the number and can't remember it.

That message is from your phone provider, not ebay.

Toll free numbers usually do require you to enter the "1" in front. Such as 1-800-xxx-xxxx

For those using a cellphone you will be charged whatever the "local" rate is for calls. That will depend on your phone plan.

-..-

Message 11 of 11
latest reply