Ebay issue over charging on shipping fees

33nhl
Community Member

Hi every one

Recently from OCT24 I have notice and having issue with the amount of fees charged on shipping and Ebay reps just passing from one person to next only one did understand what the problem is and acknowledged it that they are having issue but not being reported.

Here is the run down and any seller I feel should re look closely to the shipping fees they are getting charged for International.

I charge $3.00 for Domestic thus shipping fee is $0.34 with tax

So when I send to USA or to Europe I should be still getting charged a fee of just $0.34 based on the Domestic shipping cost, even though I charge  the buyer more $4.00 for USA and $7.00 for Europe.

Well from Oct 24 now have a few transactions going to USA and im being charged to the cost that I charge for shipping to USA which is $4.00  The rule is that no matter what you charge for International shipping you pay s/h fees based on the calculated Domestic s/h cost.

An other thing I have noticed I charge 0.25 for each extra purchased items combined shipped and once again for that 0.25 s/h  ebay is not charging 1 or 2 cents as a s/h fee instead it takes that 0.25 adds it with the first amount then splits the cost into 2 fees if 2 items been purchased and with that ends up getting extra 0.01 cent

This method for the combined shipping above the system is manipulated thus Ebay collects extra a few cents every transaction.

I know it may seem like 5 cents here or 10 cents there but if so many other seller are having the same issue or have not payed attention to this and multiply that by 1 million transactions per day that is a lot of money.

Look at it this way Ebay has what some 100 million members if all gave you 5 cents I think you be a millionaire over night.

So sellers please look at your recent s/h fees to what you been charged cause I think its not just me having this issue.

I have complained and spoke with Ebay supervisor and only response was will escalate and have ITT look into to issue and have them call you next 48 hours

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay issue over charging on shipping fees

mcrlmn
Community Member

Shipping fees are good sometimes:

I purchased an item on October 27, and spent 4 days asking for an invoice so I could pay.

The order wouldn't total in the cart or purchase page.

The listing stated that shipping would be $14.07 CAD.

Finally, on Saturday morning I asked the seller for a cancellation.

Wow, within minutes the order was invoiced.

Check it out (Top is CDN, bottom is USD):

index.jpg

That's right folks, calling me an idiot, this guy invoiced me $133 CAD/$99.99 USD shipping for a $35 Funko Pop character.

Fees...

The seller refused to correct the invoice or cancel the order.

My last message was to inform the seller that I wouldn't be paying and also gladly taking the non-payment defect on the chin, and he can pay all the eBay and PayPal fees on the $168.78 CAD/$126.58 USD he invoiced.

A minute later the order was canceled, and then I suppose, he crawled back where he came from.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply