Ebay shipping supplies will no longer ship to a PO Box

Just tried to order my free store supplies and added to cart and tried to check out.

Says they don't ship to PO Boxes but I don't have street delivery.

They did the last quarter, is this something new?

Any one else run into this?

Are they using courier now?

I have emailed them and await their response.

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

They use FedEx to do the delivering in the States if I recall correctly and Canada Post here.

Maybe something got mixed up in their settings on that particular item listing?

Message 2 of 55
latest reply

I'd ask on Wednesday chat but who know when that will start again.

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

You can ask at your "real" Canada Post office and they can give you their address to send to them c/o the post office. They will then hold it for you for pickup. At least they do in my rural PO and I'm guessing you are rural with a PO box number only.

Message 4 of 55
latest reply

I have asked with other things and the answer here is they won't do it.

Message 5 of 55
latest reply

I really don't think any one knows what they are doing or what is going on anymore.

Here is paraphrased reply from Ebay supplies

we aren't able to send items to USPS PO Boxes currently

Why don't they know it is from Canada

Anyone else have the same issues with supplies or have any suggestions?

Message 6 of 55
latest reply

My only suggestions are to: (a) contact them again asking specifically about Canada or (b) get the order shipped someplace other than your place with its P.O.Box.
Message 7 of 55
latest reply

I don't want them coming with UPS. They also told me they use UPS.

Whey when ordering from .ca, and having it sent to Canada is it such a mess.

Has anyone ordered their free supplies yet?

I have sent them another message.

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

I ordered mine but they haven't been shipped yet. My address is a regular street address so courier delivery isn't a problem. 

The Canadian orders aren't supposed to ship via courier at all, I went all through this with Raphael when the program was rolled out. 

Now, however, I really don't know to whom we can turn with problems about it. 

Message 9 of 55
latest reply

Mine shipped a few minutes ago, I got the notice from ebay. Ordered Friday morning.

The tracking number leads me to UPS.

I said it when the program began, and I'll say it again, if this 'free' order (which is already an astoundingly worse deal than our American counterparts get) comes due taxes and brokerage fees, I'm going to be mighty mad about it.

Tracking at UPS says nothing of value about the potential of duty being assessed on delivery.  

Anyway, there's your answer dutchman. They will not ship to postal boxes because they are, in fact, using UPS now. Even for Canadian orders. Can you get it sent anywhere else? A friend or relative who lives relatively close to you with a street address? Or business address?

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

I have exactly the same problem on my other Can store.

They use UPS now.

Gotta love this garbage from Ebay and the shipping supplies

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

It's almost as if that arm of corporate USA ebay waited until Raphael left his spot at ebay Canada to go back to doing whatever the heck they liked with the shipping supplies and Canadian sellers. This area was among Raphael's concerns, maybe an email to him would still facilitate a fix. I would advise you to try it at least. Unlike a million other concerns we'd all like someone to look at while there is no one to take his place, this is one thing I think he might still be able to address.

Message 13 of 55
latest reply

I have asked with other things and the answer here is they won't do it.

Umm.
They are on a street. Does the street have a name?
They would have a street number. Is it on the door?
Or look on the Canada Post website, the PO address for my local outlets and post offices are given there.

The basic problem of couriers is another question.
Message 14 of 55
latest reply

I have sent Raphael an email as well.

We only have a very small postal outlet here, not a CP post office

They don't like me as they were obliterating stamps on all incoming mail and ruined many stamps for me. Also like to use a felt pen to write box number on parcels but wrote all over the stamps. I have reported them to CP a number of times.

I would not want to get anything from the US with UPS. Been burnt in the past with their brokerage fees.

Message 15 of 55
latest reply

I have sent a message to the ebay supply company clarifying that my expectation is that they have, in fact, pre-paid the duty and brokerage fees. I'll return to the thread with their response if and when one comes. 

Message 16 of 55
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I have sent a message to the ebay supply company clarifying that my expectation is that they have, in fact, pre-paid the duty and brokerage fees. I'll return to the thread with their response if and when one comes. 

Yeah please do. I had not previously used the coupons, initially because there was nothing I could order that didn't require additional money.

Then they introduced the next to useless "pack" that was the same value as the coupon. I forgot to order during the last quarter so I thought I would do it at least once even though the only thing of any use to me would be two rolls of tape (not for shipping eBay order!).

When I looked at the store and saw they are shipping from KY and the notation that duty/tax may apply I backed out. If it's just GST/HST no problem I can get that back via the ITC but if it's coming by UPS there will likely be a brokerage charge as well.

The one "good" thing about UPS, they will not leave the package unless you pay so you can always refuse and have it sent back to KY or at best UPS will charge the unpaid taxes back to the shipper.

Maybe next we will see them using FedEx who will do a drop and run, leave the order with you and then a week or two later send you a surprise bill for the taxes and brokerage fees.

I'd be very happy to exchange my next to useless coupon for a couple of dollars off the monthly store fee.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 17 of 55
latest reply

On the first go-around with the shipping coupons when they were brand-new, I bought the rolls of tape and they were shipped via FedEx which I flagged to Raphael in the screen capture form the Weekly Board Hour above but when it came time for the order to be delivered to me, I never did get a bill for taxes or import fees and/or brokerage fees of any kind. So I was safe. But, you're right, UPS handles it differently.

I will return with updates on this. 

Message 18 of 55
latest reply

"I'd be very happy to exchange my next to useless coupon for a couple of dollars off the monthly store fee."

I second that!
I used the coupon the first time last quarter and got the new 'pack' although I haven't used any of it yet. I wish they had a couple of different ones as I would find it more useful to receive the bubble poly bags...I rarely use the non bubble ones or use boxes in that size.

Message 19 of 55
latest reply

Or buy the ebay tape and resell it in smaller groupings like single rolls as some other sellers have decided to do. 

Message 20 of 55
latest reply