Ebays returns policy causing unwarranted hardship for sellers causing some to leave Ebay.

I wrote earlier of a situation I faced because of Ebay's new return policy.

More has surfaced.

I have sold for many years on Ebay without problems but now more and more surface every day due to Ebays returns policies.

These policies appear to entirely ignore the shop policies set by store owner/sellers.

If the sellers policy statement offers a refund within 20 days and a buyer decides to demand a refund in 40 days--Ebay will side with the buyer.To hell with your store policy.

If a buyer accuses you of offering misrepresentative images of merchandise and demands a refund and this is totally false--Ebay could care less--doesn't want to find the truth and sides with the liar of a buyer and insists you send them a prepaid shipping label to return the goods and will give the buyer a full refund whether they have returned the goods or not.One buyer tried to keep the item and get a refund as well!

This is akin to someone making a purchase in a store--phoning the shop later and demanding a cheque for the gas used to come back to the shop and return the item.

Buyers are learning that Ebay sides with them no matter what.

If a buyer wants a refund accusing you of selling them poor quality goods when the item in question would be rated top quality by competent accredited people--too bad--Ebay does not want to hear your side of the story or allow you to defend yourself from baseless accusations.

To make matters worse--when you are in the middle of one of these messes and need help by phone--you get someone in the Philippines who thinks very rhymes with berry and you can hardly understand a word they say.

A side issue is that sellers of junk jewelry are swarming the "fine jewelry" sections of Ebay and there seems to be no one at Ebay who could care less or want to do anything about that.These trash sellers have lots of feedback indicating the items are junk and the silver is not sterling--just a thin coating--but even when alerted--Ebay does nothing as these mass junk sellers sell huge volumes of trash and Ebay gets paid.Try searching Ebay for "ammolite Jewelry" check the "fine jewelry" link at left and you will see that 90% of listings are cheap junk.My listings--which are high quality fine jewelry struggles for visibility in a sea of trash.

I am finding that all these stresses caused by Ebay are causing me think of following many other Ebay sellers and leave for other sites who don't treat sellers like trash and would appreciate the solid income stream I have provided Ebay for many years.

I would dearly like to have direct contact with someone at Ebay to discuss these matters with but am unable to find such a person.

Do you know of one--does one actually exist?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebays returns policy causing unwarranted hardship for sellers causing some to leave Ebay.

"I would dearly like to have direct contact with someone at Ebay to discuss these matters with but am unable to find such a person."

You can contact Raphael every Wednesday afternoon on the Board Hour.

However, Raphael or anyone else at eBay, including senior management, will not change their current policy protecting buyers worldwide.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"I would dearly like to have direct contact with someone at Ebay to discuss these matters with but am unable to find such a person."

You can contact Raphael every Wednesday afternoon on the Board Hour.

However, Raphael or anyone else at eBay, including senior management, will not change their current policy protecting buyers worldwide.

Pierre, just to clarify your post so that the OP does not think they have to go to the 1 pm ET 1 hour window.

To the OP, the weekly session is no longer an hour, it is opened early on Wednesday (roughly 9 am Eastern Time) and left open all day and is closed roughly midday ET on Thursday. So the OP does not have to fit into a one hour time to post their question or concerns. Just go to the weekly session on Wednesday when convenient and post your issue. Raphael will reply before the weekly session is closed Thursday.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Re:

"However, Raphael or anyone else at eBay, including senior management, will not change their current policy protecting buyers worldwide."

Respectfully Pierre--I am not asking Ebay to change policies that protect buyers worldwide.

I am asking Ebay to protect sellers from unethical buyers worldwide which they are patently not doing.

eg.

I have a stand alone website selling ammolite and I take payments from Paypal along with other systems.

Paypal is interested in me as a partner and is always ready to defend my rights and store policies when malicious buyers attempt scams.

Not so at Ebay.

Customers first and last even if they are scammers.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Paypal is interested in me as a partner and is always ready to defend my rights and store policies when malicious buyers attempt scams.

Really? Paypal doesn't have seller protection for nad claims. Isn't that what you are referring to?

I do agree though that if ebay is going to require sellers to pay for return shipping, they should have some sort of process in place so that a seller can appeal a nad claim BEFORE they have to pay for return shipping.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply