European VAT Fun Fest and Problems. Advice Please.

I sent off a used DVD on July 6th to Sweden and completely forgot about labelling the mailer with the tax paid code.

Now my customer is claiming the DVD has not arrived. Normally it takes 60-90 days at most for a product I sell to reach Europe. However, my suspicions are that customs is witholding this parcel.

Would customs contact the customer and if they do not, who do I direct the customer to speak to?

The amount of VAT my customer paid was almost half the amount of the DVD. It's no wonder my European sales have dipped.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How do you ship that 60 - 90 days is "normal"?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

P.S.

I filled out a customs form for this parcel online via Canada Post rather than using the old standbys.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@recped wrote:

How do you ship that 60 - 90 days is "normal"?

Technically not normal. 90 days is slow but I find packages take normally 60-75 days to reach Europe. Fastest I've seen is 2-3 weeks but 2-3 is not the norm living here on the west coast. 

Best to look to Canada Post on that one. I ship air mail everytime.

Maybe if Canada Post can answer that question for me then there'll be hope the US Postal Service can answer why it always takes a month for me to get something delivered from Florida every time.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply