FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here:

FAQ

For what types of items can I use the Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles service?

This service is only available for lightweight items in the Collectibles category, such as trading cards, paper money, coins, and comic books. 

Where can I purchase labels for this service?

Labels for qualifying items can be purchased on eBay Labels. Learn more about eBay Labels.

Can I purchase a Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles label for my shipments to the United States or worldwide?

No. This is a domestic-only service.

What happens if my package weighs more than 200 grams?

This service is intended for lightweight items such as trading cards or paper money, which weigh less than 200 grams inclusive of the packaging. If your package exceeds this limit, you will be charged the regular Canada Post Expedited ParcelTM rates, which can be significantly higher. To avoid additional charges, ensure your package weight and dimensions are compliant with the specifications outlined. 

Will the label for this service indicate that my packages contain collectibles?

No, the shipping label you print looks no different from the regular Canada Post Expedited ParcelTM label. You are not required to advertise that the item is a collectible on the packaging. You can use the same bubble mailers, envelopes, or parcels as before - so long as they meet the weight and dimensional criteria. 

Will I be able to add this service as an option to my listings?

Yes, this service is available in the shipping dropdown menu of the listing tools and business policies. 

Will this service be available as a calculated shipping service?

Yes. You can select this service as calculated and rely on eBay to charge your buyers the actual cost of shipping. Be sure to provide correct weight and dimensions of the package in the listing tools and on eBay Labels to avoid potential adjustment charges. 

What is the shipping speed for this service?

The transit times for this service range from 1 to 8 business days. Local shipments should be around 1-2; Regional around 3-4; and National up to 8 business days.

Does Canada Post Level 4 discounts apply to this service?

No, this is a unique service offering special, deeper discounts for small packages. All other Canada Post shipping purchased through eBay Labels receives the equivalent of Level 4 Small Business discounts. 

When and how do I get charged for the labels I buy on eBay?

For Canada Post, usually you should see the charge to your account within 2-3 business days. Shipping label charges can be paid from your available funds or your on-file payment method if your available funds are insufficient. 

Is this service subject to cubing charges?

As long as the actual package dimensions are within the specifications outlined, cubing charges do not apply. 

How are fuel surcharges and taxes calculated?

The fuel surcharge is determined weekly by Canada Post based on the average price of diesel. Learn more about fuel surcharge calculations.

Tax is calculated based on applicable GST/HST tax rates of the destination province or territory. For example, a shipment with a destination address in Alberta is subject to a 5% GST; and a shipment with a destination address in Ontario is subject to a 13% HST. See more details about how Canada Post applies taxes to shipping labels.

Is this service available on Shippo?
No, this is a service only offered directly on eBay.

Can I use APIs or third party tools to purchase these labels?

No. The only way to purchase applicable labels is directly on eBay Labels.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0