Has Anyone Ever Had a Parcel Refused Because Label is Too Old?

I created some labels about a week ago and due to car trouble and weather wasn't able to make it to the PO until now.  

Has anyone ever had a parcel refused because the label was created too long ago.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No, I have not but labels obviously have a shelf life due to changing postal rates. In this case that is probably your problem since new rates just came into effect today. There must be a remedy though I don't know what that would entail. Perhaps call CP about this problem. Hope you get this problem sorted out.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank You, but new rates coming into effect today wouldn't matter for these labels though because we technically have several days to get o the PO.  (BTW, I noticed that rates actually went down for the ones I printed this morning.)

I'm just slightly concerned because I did exceed two or three days, but no by much.

Just wondering how strict they are about that.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

A possibility... Go to a postal outlet.

and let them calculate the extra postage required.....  The extra cost should not be that great

Many parcels were mailed yesterday,  at 2017 postal rates.... even though buyers were told the parcels were to be mailed today, January 15

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hmm... well if they are not short postage, could the regs have changed as of today ? You didn't mention what type of label(s) you purchased.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

FWIW -- the post office is usually pretty forgiving about underpriced shipments for a couple of weeks after the changeover.

But it's a courtesy, don't expect it.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You have 5 days to use a Canada Post label from date of printing. Possibly the PO clerk is not aware of this? What type of label is it: Small Pkt, expedited or ?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

I created some labels about a week ago and due to car trouble and weather wasn't able to make it to the PO until now.  

Has anyone ever had a parcel refused because the label was created too long ago.

Not me.

Someone reported in the old version of the forums that they took a couple of months to use one of their free Tuesday shipping labels (Oct/2016) -- with no problems.

If the label is accepted there should be no extra shipping charge (as long as it has the proper weight and dimensions).

-..-

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Yes, they all scanned in just fine.

BTW.......  as I said above the labels I bought this morning were actually lower in price not higher......... and noticeably lower.  I had to double check because the difference was noticeable and I'm not someone who notices small amounts here and there.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

You have 5 days to use a Canada Post label from date of printing. Possibly the PO clerk is not aware of this? What type of label is it: Small Pkt, expedited or ?

All types.  I had three bags full to lug to the outlet.   My car broke and I'm going to try bussing it for a few months because I want to move West and hold off buying a car till I get to Victoria.

Public transit isn't for sissies.  🙂

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Let me know when you get here. There are 21 coffee shops within walking distance of my house.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Absolutely.  Sounds perfect.  LOVE that city and can't wait to get there.   

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

You might want to check to see if you qualified for a higher level of Solutions for Small Business from Canada Post. The higher levels get bigger discounts.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Not me.

Someone reported in the old version of the forums that they took a couple of months to use one of their free Tuesday shipping labels (Oct/2016) -- with no problems.

That was me!  Printed in Oct, mailed in Mar. The only glitch was that the tracking number wouldn't show up for me.  Had to call the CP 800 number to see where it was.

Before I began printing labels online, one of the postal outlets I used to go to  would print off multiple postage labels for LP to USA. They don't have a bar code but they do have a date.  I've used them months later too.  Sometimes months after the Jan rate hikes too.  Every one went through.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply