How can a buyer change the late shipping answer were the feedback is positive?

arteis
Community Member

I got a late shipping report on an item that the buyer left a positive feedback including "card came quickly".

I've send him a message asking him if the card came quickly or if it was late shipped.

He confirmed that he was satisfied with the delivery and want to remove the late shipping report.

I though I could do a request or feedback change but I cannot because the feedback is positive!?!

Is there a way?

And that idea that a feedback stating the delivery was good would prevent a late shipping report, is it a myth?

Again, like most of my problems, the issue come from Ebay.

Me and the buyer are both working together to try to fix what Ebay has done and situation like this happen way too often for the goodness of Ebay's reputation in buyers mind.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@arteis wrote:

I got a late shipping report on an item that the buyer left a positive feedback including "card came quickly".

I've send him a message asking him if the card came quickly or if it was late shipped.

He confirmed that he was satisfied with the delivery and want to remove the late shipping report.

I though I could do a request or feedback change but I cannot because the feedback is positive!?!

Is there a way?

And that idea that a feedback stating the delivery was good would prevent a late shipping report, is it a myth?

Me and the buyer are both working together to try to fix what Ebay has done and situation like this happen way too often for the goodness of Ebay's reputation in buyers mind.

The only way that you can usually change it is if you have tracking showing that you shipped within your handling time or tracking that it arrived at or before the estimated delivery date.  If you don't have tracking then the buyer must have checked off that it didn't arrive by a certain date when they were filling in their feedback.  Otherwise, ebay would have no way of knowing if it was late or not.

Its possible (though I'm don't know if it would help) that if you phone ebay and ask them to look at the messages between you and the buyer to show that yes, the item arrived by ebay's estimated arrival date, they might take off the late mark.  But unless this is one of a few different late marks, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

The positive feedback has no bearing on it. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

tyler@ebayhas confirmed that feedback is not used by eBay to measure seller accounts.

It is however possible that the buyer did report that the shipment was late (or later than he wanted).

It is also possible that the applicable button was clicked accidentally.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@arteis wrote:

Is there a way?

The only way that you can usually change it is if you have tracking showing that you shipped within your handling time or tracking that it arrived at or before the estimated delivery date.  If you don't have tracking then the buyer must have checked off that it didn't arrive by a certain date when they were filling in their feedback.  Otherwise, ebay would have no way of knowing if it was late or not.

Its possible (though I'm don't know if it would help) that if you phone ebay and ask them to look at the messages between you and the buyer to show that yes, the item arrived by ebay's estimated arrival date, they might take off the late mark.  But unless this is one of a few different late marks, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

The positive feedback has no bearing on it. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply