How long does it take for "Item Specifics" to show up in searches?

I've spent several hours today going through and updating the "Item Specifics" on hundreds of listings, but so far, if I go incognito and do searches on those Item Specifics, my items do not come up in general searches.

I also have over 100 cards with a specific entry, and none of those show in my store with that specific detail added.

How long does it take to update for general search/sorting? If it's 24 hours, that's fine, but if it's supposed to be practically right away, then something is broken.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

We are told it takes 24 hours for listings to index, but that's not the same thing.

It's been my understanding that Item Specifics are not designed for human use, but for search engines outside of eBay, like Google.

Perhaps that's the answer?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

We are told it takes 24 hours for listings to index, but that's not the same thing.

It's been my understanding that Item Specifics are not designed for human use, but for search engines outside of eBay, like Google.

Changes to Item Specifics will cause a reindexing.

Of course Item Specifics are for human use, they are the filters that appear on the left of every eBay search page.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

This disclaimer is at the bottom of the traffic page. Who knew near-real time was 72 hours? 🤣 Probably would be working comparatively the same for updates to item specifics.

Impressions and page views are reported in near-real time. Please allow approximately 72 hours to reconcile.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply