How to cancel store subscription?

I am considering cancelling my Premium Store on .ca.  I have been paying monthly.  It says my start date was 05/10/16. Do I also have to cancel Selling Manager Pro? I think I read it is only free with a store. Also will all my unsold listings be automatically saved for 90 days? Where are they stored? I need to take a little break. Have hardly had any sales & I just lost my dad. So my mind isn't on selling right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The first month of your store is pro-rated so if you end the Store at any time it will not actually end until the last day of the current month.

All your Sold, Unsold etc will be in the same place they are now, either in My eBay or the Seller Hub.

I suspect that when you close the Store your Selling Manager will also end but to be sure just check your Subscription list.

To close the Store go to the "manage my store page" should be a "close my store" link on the left.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

So does that mean I have this whole month already paid for? I thought because it was started 05/10/16 that it would end on the 10th of this month.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Also most of my listings (about 1000) expired today.  Does that mean to use up the already paid for listings, they all will be GTC & then at the end of the month I will have to cancel them all again? Or maybe i should just eat the charge for this month ($75.00 approx.) & not relist any. Wish eBay made this easier for sellers.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Also most of my listings (about 1000) expired today.  Does that mean to use up the already paid for listings, they all will be GTC & then at the end of the month I will have to cancel them all again?

Any BIN made this month will be GTC -- unless you switch to auction.

Listing under the new GTC will renew on the date they were listed -- for example: July 5, August 5, etc. -- so no need to end July 31, just end before the renewal date.

In the seller hub you can sort your listings by the date they end, so you can do bulk endings before renewals happen.

-..-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am a bit confused.  Could someone please confirm for me when the best time to cancel my store subscription? Is it better to cancel close to the end of the month. I was going to do it at the beginning of the month. But from what someone said on here it doesn't go by the date you started your store.  Thanks

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Right after you use up all your "free" listings for the month.

When is your subscription charged? Check your monthly invoice and do it before that day.

Warning: Have never needed to cancel a store subscription, so....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

I am a bit confused.  Could someone please confirm for me when the best time to cancel my store subscription? Is it better to cancel close to the end of the month. I was going to do it at the beginning of the month. But from what someone said on here it doesn't go by the date you started your store.  Thanks

https://pages.ebay.ca/stores/subscriptionterms.html

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/sell/storefees.html#subscription-terms

To close your Store:

1. Go to My eBay > Account > Subscriptions.
  2. Find your Store under Active Subscriptions, and select Cancel Subscription.
  3. Select Close store.

Make sure to unsubscribe from any fee-based selling subscriptions you no longer want—closing your Store doesn't cancel them.

One more IMPORTANT thing....

Your subscription is based on your BILLING date, if you are billed on the last day of the month then you need to close the Store BEFORE July 30th. If you are billed on the 15th of the month you need to close your store BEFORE July 15th.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

So I just canceled my store subscription. I was sent an e-mail stating that my store will close on August 1st. I am billed on the 15th of the month so this doesn't make any sense. So I guess I might as well use up my listings for this month as I already paid for them.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply